E-Channel at China Immigration (LoWu)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

E-Channel at China Immigration (LoWu)

Trying to find out if anyone with HKID has been able to use the E-Channel on China Immigration side yet while coming back to HKG.

I know we can use E-Channel coming to/from HKG Immigration, but was wondering if the new E-Channels on the mainland immigration side will allow us to use our HKID yet? This would make going to/from China a real breeze.....

I hold a foreign passport and a HKID.

Quote Originally Posted by garydom:
    I hold a foreign passport and a HKID.
    Since you're required a visa to enter mainland China. Only Chinese citizens with/without HKID can.

You can use only with a China Home Pass not HKID.

Original Post Deleted
    Not entirely. HK holders of the China Home Pass are able to register their cards and fingerprints and use the E-channel on the China side.

by a china home pass do you mean chinese residency permit?

He means a Home Return Permit.
    The chinese e-channels can only be used by Chinese citizens.

What makes you think your HKID would work there? It's not even a legal document in China.

ok well let me know if you see news because i just heard foreigners can register for e-channel in china soon.

I know a Foreigner, HK Resident, with a business in China that crossed in Huanggang by own car and through the scanner.

So it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    He means a Home Return Permit.
    The chinese e-channels can only be used by Chinese citizens.

What makes you think your HKID would work there? It's not even a legal document in China.
    I think we need to elaborate on this a little more.
    There are e channels at the airports, eg Beijing that HRTP holders can use, but tmbk not mainland Chinese.

I think the e channels at LoHu can also be used by HRTP holders, in fact, if you want to use the e channels in Beijing or in other cities, you must register first in, you guesse it, LoHu or some other checkpoint in Shenzhen, not all offer that service.
    I think I have even used the e channels in LoHu, but don't remember, don't go there often

ALL the e-channels now can be used by holders of HRP, new ID card sized two-way permit or new Chinese biometric passport with numbers starting with E.
    HRP has to register to use the E-Channel at a land border, but can use the E-Channel at PEK without registering. Both new two-way permit and E-Passport don't have to be registered as fingerprints are taken when applying.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast