Like Tree73Likes

Dependent visa for gay couples

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Assidenttourist, I think you should re-consider, seriously I do.

It doesn't matter how big his bnk account number "probably" is, unless he has the 5 million odd (in HK$ don't panic everyone here is a $millionaire) to invest he will never get HK ID, or unless he finds himself a career immediately or wants to actually study something here for the while you are here.

Bank accounts in HK have a mysterious way of emptying believe me, just the cost of living for expats will make his finances look like supermarket coupons. Anyway if it all goes wrong with your relationship (how long you've been together is immaterial) does he want to spend everything he has just surviving or trying to get out of this dump?

There is way and that is if you draw up legal documents together where you the bread winner promises (or your company for that matter) him the trailing partner to support him as your dependant what ever happens to your relationship. Promising to pay for example for his repatriation and all that it might entail.........etc.

That's my honest opinion on the matter.

There was someone here making supercilious comments about me staying in temp accommodation at the Hyatt. Well I tell them don't believe the hype just go and look for yourself. I think the bangkok Hilton would be more interesting, and that's important, stimulation etc. Think of a zoo animal yes.
    Staying there doesn't mean you get the Hyatts food or service just a horrible crumby bedsit in hideous worn out brown and beige facing harbour hell rd, lacking any charm at all. Not even the windows open, and even if they did all you would get would be a lung full of exhaust fumes and ear ache from the noise.

You think that is all dandy, well try then and go and sit at the pool and watch everyone order club sandwiches with French fries and satay-sticks (A Thai copy what else, think anyone wants the local fish ball and pig intestine?) Its not easy when all you have is a boiled sweet you stole from reception when you tried to sneak unnoticed into the health club only to be told "its not included in your rate!

Of course doubly humiliating because you actually spent four months in the Grand Hyatt proper while house hunting with the beloved when you arrived in this pig-sty. He thought you loved it so much the first time what with room service, massages, breakfast buffet etc that he would put you up in the broom closet just so you could remember how nice it all was?

On the horse front Accidentaltourist, I hope its not coming here as it will never ever see green pastures again and will only end up slaughtered in Macau or China like all the waste horses from the track here, unless it goes home again with the owner of course.

Otherwise on that front Im all yours and will PM you promptly. I can organise a buying trip in Germany or the Netherlands, depending what they are after and the price etc. I can also pre inspect as not to waste their time etc etc. Assuming I can get out of here unnoticed, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as I am financed.

Please think carefully. Men who love men are not welcome here at all, mostly not even by the local men who love men? It's not much fun to be honest a bit like Japan, just rather closet frustrated and crap all round.

We Brits growing up in the 80's will understand the reasoning for this

tinlissie likes this.

Editor, you seem to be keen on shutting down threads that are spiraling out of control. You should probably shut this one down now.

I thought so too but some find it amusing and entertaining... Others like to watch dwarves mud wrestling... There's no accounting for taste

As soon as BV arranges for financing to flee this hell hole.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    As soon as BV arranges for financing to flee this hell hole.
    Shall we have a Geoexpat fund raising day? I'll donate a train ticket to shenzhen then he'll truly understand the meaning of hell!

Jimbo - I sense a far more dramatic ending to this epic saga.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Jimbo - I sense a far more dramatic ending to this epic saga.
    Why, have the police been asking for IP addresses and are offering a more stable food and accommodation arrangements near the Gold Coast Hotel?

Shri

Yup theres a few more twists and turns in this living soap thats called the Old and the Hopeless.

Sounds like he's got his out.....a pre-inspection horse-buying trip to Germany or the Netherlands, fully pre-paid of course