Custom wants me to leave HK in 19 days. what to do?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

doesn't matter what passport you have, if you are married, you can apply for a dependent visa for your wife.

as for PR, i LOVE the freedom that it allows me. i can change jobs as i like, start my own businesses and not have to worry about visa status. i've never had a problem finding a job that can/will sponsor me, but i much prefer being my own boss. without the resources to apply for any of the other "schemes", PR is FANTASTIC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    secondly i have a high enough education to know that i can always find a job in hong kong where an employer would sponsor me a work visa
    Which is all very well if you actually want to spend your whole life slaving in a 9-5 office job. What happens if you want to go freelance or retire?

see, that's why a PR is not that valuable to me ;-)

maybe cookie wants to be a slave of a 9-5 job and in the process find a rich husband or wife willing to support cookie for the rest of his/her life....

and they lived happily ever after ?????

Thanks very much for everyone's reply. Particularly for those who replies are relevent, I really appreaciate it!!

To clarify,
    1. It's the multiple entry visitor visa I hold. Each entry allows me to stay for 30 days.
    2. I made trips lasting from 1 day to 1 month for the past 6 months.
    I got stopped at custom, but I guess I can only visit immigration to explain to see what I need to do.
    3. I have been living in serveral countries for past few years, residence for me is where most of my stuff is.

LoadToad, you may misunderstand my situation. I would much prefer working, getting paid, and paying my tax. And I don't sleep better compare to the time I was working long hours. But it was what it happened to me this year.

Kitten - customs is where they check what goods you are bringing in your baggage - eg if you have more alcohol or cigarettes than you're meant to. Immigration is where they check your passports.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten_HK:

To clarify,
    1. It's the multiple entry visitor visa I hold. Each entry allows me to stay for 30 days.
    2. I made trips lasting from 1 day to 1 month for the past 6 months.
    I got stopped at custom, but I guess I can only visit immigration to explain to see what I need to do.
    3. I have been living in serveral countries for past few years, residence for me is where most of my stuff is.
    But in your OP you said:

a. I don’t have home elsewhere
    b. I have apartment here still

So you originally made clear that HK is your current and only place of residence. Which is incompatible with visitor status.

I don't see how you can explain yourself away. You are lucky that HK is more tolerant of visa runs than many other countries.

What passport do you hold? As that could have a bearing on how sympathetically you are treated.

"multiple entry visitor visa"??? i didn't know those existed. i thought most visitors were granted a visitor visa upon arrival.....am i wrong in this assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    "multiple entry visitor visa"??? i didn't know those existed. i thought most visitors were granted a visitor visa upon arrival.....am i wrong in this assumption?
    I have never heard of one but I could be wrong. You can apply for a visitor visa before entry particularly if you want longer than the normal period given or if there are issues with that person and they may get refused at entry.

I smell a rat.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast