marriage and how fast a dependant visa would process!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Friends of mine did this when they needed to switch round who was on the Employment Visa and who was on the Dependant. I believe you just use the normal form for Residence as a Dependant, obviously submitting it with a covering letter explaining that this is a change in circumstances (i.e. you got married), and with the documents to support the new circumstances.

Great, cheers bro!
    Enjoy your lunch

Amazingly I got my dependent visa just in 4 days.

4 days?? wow.

what are some of the way they question about how genuine your relationship is?

also... by holding the dependent visa, does it limit how long you can stay in HK (i remember reading something about needing to leave every 3 years or something)?

also, US citizen out there?? do you have to return back to the US after been in HK for specific amount of time with the dependent visa? has anyone experience any problem with the US Custom when they return to the use after a long stay in HK?

i have never heard of a dependent visa holder having to leave. I think it's just like an employment visa holder, after 7 years you can fill in the form and become an PR and then never leave (if that's your wont).

Dependent Visa = 1st Year then renew for 3 more years, after 3 more years, renew again for 3 more years, after 3 more years apply for PR.

1 + 3 + 3 = 7 = PR

That's for a Dependant on a PR. For Dependants on other visa holders the Dependant Visa gets renewed at the same time and with the same tenor asd the sponsor's visa.

thanks! totally helpful!