Dependant Visa away from HK

Closed Thread

Dependant Visa away from HK

Quick question, My dependant visa expire in 2012 have reside in Hong Kong for one and half year[ depend visa extended] how long i can be away ? When should I visit inorder to validate my visa.

Anyone pls..

Thanks in advance

if you are going out hongkong. You must be back before the 6 months expires. As much as possible dont go out often coz it counts your days been away from hongkong if you are applying for permanent residency here in hongkong.

Cheers,
    Jacky

There's no hard limit on days as far as I am aware (I had years on my Employment visa when I was only in HK 100 days a year) - the question is whether you are genuinely still resident here. It seems from your post that you are not, so legally I believe you should surrender your Dependant Visa.

thanks man i do have my own property in hk anyway;do i have to visit with my sponsor or i can visit myself?anyone

Thanks in advance
    Kevin

If your dependent visa sponsor does not reside in Hong Kong full time, it is going to be tough to prove you have resided in Hong Kong for 7 years continuously. (She has to sign a declaration to say she has not left Hong Kong for more than 3 months within the last 3 years)

regardless of any PR application, the Sifu's point above (about your sponsor needing to reside here) will affect your next extension of stay application - i.e. he/she will no longer be able to sponsor you for your next DV.

PR

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkerhead:
    regardless of any PR application, the Sifu's point above (about your sponsor needing to reside here) will affect your next extension of stay application - i.e. he/she will no longer be able to sponsor you for your next DV.
    HI,
    i have a son who is studying abroad since last 3 months and he has turned 18 this year. I am the sponser and soon completing 7 years continueous stay in HKG. I have doubt if my son will get PR?
    Please suggest..

If he went to his study directly from HK, and returns to HK immediately after his study then as I understand it the period studying DOES count towards his 7 years continuous ordinary residence in Hong Kong. But for the definitive answer: [email protected]

I can confirm what PDLM said. If you just leave HK for study and then return straight back and don't stay on some where to work then immigration here will count that period out of HK towards your 7 years. I was told this by an immigration officer in an official capacity.

Thanks PDLM and Hunter. This is such a good news..
    Merry Christmas!