Residence permit

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Residence permit

Will probably be moving to HK soon for work and I would like to know how much it costs to get a residence permit/work permit which I assume is needed in order to work in HK.
    I have heard USD 3,500-4,000 - which sounds ridiculous!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

To get an employment visa, you must find a job and an employer to sponsor the visa. The employer applies to the Immigration Dept for the visa.

There is no such thing as a residence permit.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas.htm

Alright, how much does the employment visa cost? and how long will it take?

4-6 weeks assuming all the paperwork is correct and in order. It helps if the company has applied for other employment visas.

As far as I know there is no charge (never had to get one myself) but this will be confirmed by others. The fee you are talking might be for a visa consultant which you likely won't need for a straight employment visa.

Hairball to follow up...

We had some fairly high fees quoted to us for getting an employment visa; has anyone every done it themselves? Is the process complicated?

Here is the fee table for visas, etc. :

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

Who quoted you these prices? You do not just apply for an employment visa. You must have an employer sponsor the visa and they apply for it. If someone says "pay us X dollars and we'll get you a visa", they are scamming you.

Quote Originally Posted by Back:
    We had some fairly high fees quoted to us for getting an employment visa; has anyone every done it themselves? Is the process complicated?
    I did it myself, I assume most people do, usually with the help of the employer who has to fill in some of the forms. It is not complicated. The cost is HK$160.

We are opening up an office in HK and the consultant company that we use quoted us a very high price for work permits: take the HKD 160 x 25 and you get their quote!!!

penalty for overstay!

hi,ive beeb overstay for 2 days here in hong kong,but i already report to immigration about my overstay,as of now i dont have any idea,what does the immigration will do to me,coz every week im just reporting to them,and by tommorrow im going to shatin majesctry court,

pls do reply if anyone knows about this thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast