passport getting expired

passport getting expired

is it possible to get a HK WP for one year if your passwport is getting expired in 10 months?

Yes, no problem in principle.

When you get the new passport you can either get the visa transferred into the new one (for a fee) or simply carry both passports together.

Thanks PDLM

umm...I beg to differ.

if ur passport has 10 months left, HK will not issue a 1 year WP. They will issue a 10 month WP. <from personal experience>

Quote Originally Posted by pushan:
    umm...I beg to differ.

if ur passport has 10 months left, HK will not issue a 1 year WP. They will issue a 10 month WP. <from personal experience>
    Oh. so should need to apply for 10 months or 1 year?.

I agree with Pushan. The immd often will give you a visa that does not go beyond your expiration date.

Apply for 1 year.

apply 1 year, no need to transfer just carry two passports together if you are travelling back to HK, I do that too.

>> Oh. so should need to apply for 10 months or 1 year?.

Since you did ask me the question, I will answer what Shri and sp1key have already mentioned.

apply for 1 year.
    when you passport gets over and you get a new one, maybe you will need to apply for an extension of 2 months on ur WP, or apply for a fresh 2 year extension - I am not sure about this one yet as I have not reached that end-point.

1-2 months before the existing visa expires, go apply for a 2 year visa. (If your contract allows) Check with your company.