Is it illegal to take part-time job in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it illegal to take part-time job in Hong Kong?

Hi all, I am working on applying for a working Visa but the pay is not that good, so I want t take up a part-time job as a teacher or something, is it illegal to take up part-time job in HK under a working Visa?

Yes it is - your employment visa is specific to your sponsor.

Moreover, if the job for which you are applying for an Employment Visa does not have good pay then it is highly unlikely that your application will be granted.

Whats happens if u are on a work visa but then want to open a business then? What happens?

You can't (at least not any business in which you are employed).

So that means I cannot start a LLC and be a director/principal owner or can I not get paid for it?

You can be an owner or a director, but you cannot do any work (be employed by) the company. Whether you get paid or not is irrelevant - it is whether you are employed that is relevant.

So would it be possible say I am here on a work visa, but wanted to go on my own. I open a company and then sponsor myself?

No. Because your company would fail as a sponsor unless it showed at least a credible business plan for how it would employ locals.

A lot of things can be done in the dark. You can employ a local cash in hand and register the business under his name and set up your own business indirectly.

If you supplement your main income with a part time job with cash in hands, it will be virtually untraceable unless someone reports it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast