Dual Citizens...... your advice is sought !!!

Closed Thread

Dual Citizens...... your advice is sought !!!

any dual citizens out there who are hk residents ( not permanent ).....

....... when you renew/extend your stay in hong kong does the immigration put extension labels / visa stickers in both your passports or do you get to choose one........

cheers

Emigra

hello

I just used my British one. I am now permanent.

..... hmmmm emigra.... what i want to find out is that will immigration place labels on both passports... so that one can travel in and out of hong kong using either travel document....

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

HK Immig has a hotline. If you manoeuvre the voice menu deftly enough to be able to reach an officer during office hours, they ought to be able to answer that rather straight question.

Wink

thank you very muchly for your kind consideration and sincerest appreciation for your effort and time in making that suggestion.... alas not very helpful !!!!

.... the query was put on a public forum for a reason... maybe not very obvious to you.... never mind....

.... thats what makes it go round and round...

Emigra

Process

What you do is apply for a visa with one passport. Then once you have the sticker and the visa is approved you can then apply to the immigration department again to have the sticker appear also in the other passport but it is up to the immigration department.

... you mean there is discretion involved.

thanks....

Rather obvious answers...

You got your visa on passport a .. why would you expect immigration to not stamp passport a and b.

If you walk into immigration with two passports they'll restamp the second passport. No discretion.. its international law.

Needless to say.. if you're going to bring an Indian passport into equation.. the folks at immd might not be clued into the recent dual nationality situation. At the end of the day... the law is the law.

Oh well ... i've already pissed off folks on half a dozen other forums with my contratian suggestions... might as well annoy people on my own site.

By the way... have you ever tried to call immd with your questions? I figure you're going to get quicker and far more accurate / authorative answers by calling them ...

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Oh well ... i've already pissed off folks on half a dozen other forums with my contratian suggestions... might as well annoy people on my own site.

By the way... have you ever tried to call immd with your questions? I figure you're going to get quicker and far more accurate / authorative answers by calling them ...
    You've now gone and pissed off Wanderer on this site by suggesting the obvious as seen from his/her testy reaction to same sensible suggestion previously from yours truly!!

Maybe Wanderer's looking for advice on how to beat the system. Whew!

.... I thought the idea of taking the time to put one's expressions/views/opinions here was to SHARE information thereby benefitting ALL....

I seek answers to questions.... but there seem to be people here who seek questions to answer..... and they don't find my questions worthy !!!

thanks anyway...... i shall keep my questions to myself... !!!