permanent ID card application

Closed Thread

permanent ID card application

I taught in HK for 6 years under the NET (native English-speaking teacher) Scheme. I returned to live in Canada but have continued to work as a consultant for my former school for the past year and a half. I have been paid on a project basis. My employment visa has now been extended to beyond seven years.
    My question is do I qualify for a permanent resident's card though I have not lived in HK for all seven years of my employment with a HK employer?

The basic criterion for PR is that you can demonstrate that you have made Hong Kong your permanent residence. Since you freely admit that you live in Canada I think you will have trouble persuading immigration on this point.

Thanks for your input. Actually, I could argue that my duties as a consultant require me to be here in Canada. Also, in my seventh year of employment in HK, I did spend long stretches of one and two months in HK. I also still maintain a HK address. I will be in HK when I apply for the permanent card. Do you think I.D. will give any consideration to my application in my situation?