Quality Migrant Admission Scheme Question!

Closed Thread

Quality Migrant Admission Scheme Question!

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of gathering all of my documents and filling out the application form for the QMAS. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone could help answer:

1) When I submit all of my supporting documents along with my application form, do they all have to be orginal copies..or could I send them photocopies? Ie/ photocopies of my degree certificate..?

2) As for the certificate of no criminal record, do we have to submit that along with our application, or could that be submitted after you've received the Approval letter?

Thanks!

Last edited by cweb; 12-03-2010 at 08:15 AM.

From what I remember of the initial QMAS application:

• You don't send originals of supporting documents. Its only when you go for the 'interview' that all the originals are verified and copies certified.
    • You don't send and should NOT really request for your police record until they inform you to (via the Approval-in-Principle letter). This is because the date of issue of the police record needs to be within a set timeperiod prior to that letter. If you request for it too early, it may no longer be considered valid by the time the Approval letter is received and you'll end up having to request for it again, delaying your application.

I believe the process was clearly described in the guidance notes - so always refer to that.
    Last edited by static; 12-03-2010 at 08:55 AM.

I should have pointed out I can only speak of UK and OZ criminal record checks which only take 2-3 weeks to process. If you are requesting from the US FBI however - the processing time is a lengthy 13 weeks.

The no criminal record just needs to be valid 6 months before the AIP.

Just recognize that the immigration may request further documents from you a number of times before you ever receive the AIP. So plan accordingly.

Thanks static!

I've read through the General Notes and it indicated that I need to send original copies of my degree certificate & original transcripts along with my application..... so i'm assuming I should be mailing most of my supporting documents (non-photocopies) with my application with the except for the police certificate.

The guidance notes I'm referring to will have a checklist of documents you need to submit with your application at the end.

Recognize the wording "Copy of ..." implies a photocopy of the original, and "Originals of.." implies, well...the original.

As in:
    * Copy of higher education graduation cetificates
    * Original of transcript of academic record

A tip when you request the FBI certificate is to put a deadline on the form and on the envelope. You do then somehow get ahead in the queue - I believe mine took only about a month this way.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Just another question regarding the employment history/reference letter. Does my emloyer have to list out each specific duty of my job?

Or is it more of a reference type of letter where he/she talks about your performance & role in the company?