Like Tree3Likes

Can I get a China 6 months multiple entry visa with Canadian Passport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by happyhongkong:
    so I have to deal with the 6 months double entry visa ? No alternative ?
    Contact a visa agency and see what they say. Double entry is most likely, but you might get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    US passport holders, when applying in the US, usually get a 12 month multi entry visa as standard. I'm not sure if ex Chinese nationality affects this or not.
    Not if you can't prove it. That is what my dad has right now.

If I am reading http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm correctly, ex Chinese nationality doubles the length of the visa.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Contact a visa agency and see what they say. Double entry is most likely, but you might get lucky.
    Any suggestion on Travel agency ? I am presently not in Hongkong .

Quote Originally Posted by happyhongkong:
    Any suggestion on Travel agency ? I am presently not in Hongkong .
    Forever Bright have a good reputation and answer email enquiries.

If you get a double entry then do the two entries and apply again straight away. Once you've had one visa the second and subsequent seem to be easier.....

Good advice !

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    If you get a double entry then do the two entries and apply again straight away. Once you've had one visa the second and subsequent seem to be easier.....
    I've had 7 China visas over the last 4 years, single, double, 6 & 12 month but when came to renew 12 month recently as I don't have HKID I was told I could only get a double.

The good news is that on my return to Australia last week got 12 month L Visa multiple entry for $AUD170 with no problems at all.

My understanding is that non HKID HK residents cannot get 6 0r 12 month multiple reentry China visas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mats:
    My understanding is that non HKID HK residents cannot get 6 0r 12 month multiple reentry China visas.
    Er, by definition if you don't have a HKID then you're not a HK resident. You're either a visitor or an illegal immigrant.

(Or possibly a short term resident on a contract of 180 days or less.)
    Last edited by PDLM; 27-03-2010 at 03:17 PM.

American and Australian passport holders can get one year multi entry visas when applying in their own country.

Other passport holders, who need not be resident in Hong Kong, might be able to get a longer entry (6 month multi for example), by applying through an agent (not CTS) in Hong Kong if they have a past history of China visas evident in their passport..

I am Canadian working in HK and had a one year multiple entry China visa but when I went to renew it at the Office of the Commissioner in Wan Chai in January this year she noted that my work visa would expire before the 1 yr China visa so that I would only get 6 months which is what I got.

It defies common sense to suggest that an agency is going to out perform the Chinese Consulate or any other official Chinese gov't office. It just isn't going to happen that way from all I have heard.

Not sure of the legitimacy of the offer from tumizhu in the post above with the Hotmail email address but I'd be very cautious of anything faked in China like an invitation from a business you have no business with unless it was some sort of legit business and you could show you had some of business with them. I really think when it comes to China you don't f..k around with the rules or you could find yourself in trouble. That might be just me who follows the rules carefully as I hate regret but China can be tough on those who don't abide by the rules.

These guys may be right that Canadians are treated less well than Americans and Australians but that is sure news to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2