Anyone got working holiday visa transferred to 1-yr working visa?

Closed Thread

Anyone got working holiday visa transferred to 1-yr working visa?

I have been granted the working holiday visa today. And got a job offer in hK already. I am thinking to work under my working holiday visa which allows me to work at a company for 3 months, after 3 months, the company will then apply to transfer me to a working visa which is valid for 1 year.

Does this sound logic? Boz the immigration officer told me if i did as mentioned above, the application for change of status is not guaranteed to be successful at the end of the day.

Any advice for me?

My girlfriend just went through that process. I take it you are from NZ, Aussie or Ireland as I thought they were the only countries with the working holiday scheme.

There is never 100% that you will get a working permit. Your emloyer needs to prove that you are required and that a local could not do your job.

My girldfriend is working as a Native English teacher which would appear to be a clear cut case of not being able to be filled by locals...right? Well she was denied and the appeal took over a month....finally got it though on her final day of 'legally' working....

Good luck!!

anyone else? or know anyone who's done it before?

I am also very interested to know this as I'm from NZ and thinking of working in the IT industry here.

I'm just wondering if it would count against me if I got the Working Holiday visa first before getting sponsorship from the company.

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread ... but wondering and am in an the same exact position as your previous scenerio. Looking to move to Hong Kong next month to seek long term employment.

Did you first apply for your Working Holiday Visa then transit into Regular Working Visa?

Ive read elseway it is hard to attain a regular working visa after getting a working holiday visa. The details of the working holiday visa states no more longer then 12 months work/stay in HK. Am i shooting myself in the foot with attaining a working holiday if i want to work long term in HK? CATCH 22 >.<