work visa for entertainers

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2003

    work visa for entertainers

    A music orchestra along with dancers want to visit Hong Kong and hold shows in big restrarants and clubs for a period of not more than three months.

    Do they need work visa?

    If yes, what is the procedure to do. I am a HK permanent resident. Can I sponsore them?

    Also who will be responsible for paying tax on their income?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2002

    Would seriously recommend calling Immigration and Inland Revenue. You're asking a rather obscure question and the old documentation which specified the procedures for

    On another note, I wonder if the Rolling Stones would have to pay HK taxes.

  3. #3


    I can help on the immigration side.

    No matter how long they are performing in Hong Kong paid or unpaid they will still have to apply for an employment visa.

    They will need to find a company (for example the venue in which they will perform) to sponsor them to come to Hong Kong and work.

    If you need any help with this matter or require further information please let me know.