Like Tree2Likes

Lost HK Permanent Resident

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

ImmD clearly made a mistake, and they have now corrected it. You haven't lost anything which was legally yours, so I don't see how you have a case.

If your daughter had actually been resident in HK at any point then you might do, but you made the choice for her to be born and live in New Zealand, and I feel you just need to accept that you perhaps made a mistake, but what is done is done and you need to move on.

I agree with PDLM but I don't think you necessarily made "a mistake". As a NZ citizen your child can live in both NZ and AUstralia - two pretty nice places. Australia in particular has huge numbers of attractions for your child. You didn't destroy her life - you have given her a new set of opportunities to explore. Let go of the past and move on.

Live in overseas is not that good (typical old Chinese fashion…) .

But my intension to move back to HK at 1999 is the HK PR for my daughter; I sacrificed a lot of things (job prospect, money) to get my daughter PR, so it is important for me. Most the parent is care about the future of their child and now the future is in East. I need to do something to get her PR back; if I can’t get it then I will accept it.
    So I need to get some information from all of you to prepare my appeal letter. Try things better than do nothing

Many thanks

Well could you not move back to HK, get her a dependent visa for 7 years and then she has PR.

But I still struggle with why you would want to. I disagree with the point about opportunities - while there are some in HK, there are many others in China (for which HK residency has little value and being an Australian or NZer is just as good) and indeed Aus/NZ itself!

I don't think we can help you with your letter. The consensus here from the people who are very experienced is that you have no case.

you want her to "get it back"???

here's the solution:

you and your family move back to Hk for 7 years. after that time, your daughter can THEN apply for PR, just like the rest of us who have earned the right to call HK our permanent home.

keep in mind, though, that IF you do it this way, then your daughter MUST return to HK every 3 years in order to keep her PR status. otherwise, her ROA will be downgraded to RTL.

Western country is formed by migrate, so everyone can apply the PR of western country, but in the eastern country (china, Singapore, Malaysia…etc) is harder, HK required 7 yrs to become PR, and some eastern countries is not allow double citizenship, HK is a special case allowed double citizenship (as long as you are not declares it). I really want one for me daughter.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    I really want one for me daughter.
    Did you leave Hong Kong because of 1989? If so, you did it out of concern for your (yet-to-be-born) children. You did what you felt was the best thing to do. She has citizenship of a good country, just not residency (which is different more citizenship) in Hong Kong. If she isn't eligible, getting lawyers involved isn't going to help.

If you really want to return to Hong Kong and settle here with your family, you should do that. And seven years will fly past.

It's too late - you messed up. Move on.

For the benefit of others of a similar background and mindset who are reading, what you should have done is had your wife come to Hong Kong to give birth to your daughter.

Last edited by PDLM; 06-05-2010 at 02:33 PM.

The reason the leave HK is exploring the world (I have job offered from NZ), nothing related to 1989. I’m a little fellow in HK, don’t care about politic. ImmD can get mistake without penalty, I don’t think it is fair. I will move back to HK later for my retirement, if my daughter can’t the PR, she can’t go with me…..SAD

I can understand losing her ROA, but from what i understand, in situations such as this, you would only be relegated to RTL (which is still perm residence). if she does indeed tend to come back, then after 7 yrs she can get ROA again. (unless i'm not reading your statements correctly).

that being said, ROA vs. RTL = voting and deportation

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast