Visa and New Passport

Closed Thread

Visa and New Passport

Hi Friends

I have gotten a new passport as the original ran out of pages. However my working visa is on the original and I am not sure whether I can apply for another visa and stick it onto the new passport. I really do not want to be carrying two passports in and out of HK. I am sure one day I wil be forgetting to bring either one.

Regards

You can apply at Immigration to put a sticker in the new one with the same date as the original. They charge $145 I think.

Hey man it is not really necessary. Usually if the passport does not expire they issue additional Booklets. I think u can check with any imigration office for the same. I have the visa on one of the booklets and i have a new booklet. Imigration says that is ok.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Some countries/consulates won't issue additional booklets or extension pages, so out of pages means new passport. In that case PDLM's solution is practical - HK Immig Dept calls it endorsement of visa on new travel doc. and for some quirky reason it used to cost a dollar more than a new or renewal visa sticker.

Hi

Thanks. I really would not want to be carrying two passports.

regards