Proof of Financial Standing for Dependent Visa

Closed Thread

Proof of Financial Standing for Dependent Visa

Hi,

I am going to apply for a dependent visa for my husband so that he will have it before our move to Hong Kong end of April. I have read the instructions for filling out the form and one of the required documents that we need to present is proof of financial standing for both of us. My husband doesn't really have any proof of financial standing as I have been the breadwiner. Does anyone know if that is going to be a problem with the application?

Cheers,
    Normad

Quote Originally Posted by normad:
    Hi,

I am going to apply for a dependent visa for my husband so that he will have it before our move to Hong Kong end of April. I have read the instructions for filling out the form and one of the required documents that we need to present is proof of financial standing for both of us. My husband doesn't really have any proof of financial standing as I have been the breadwiner. Does anyone know if that is going to be a problem with the application?

Cheers,
    Normad
    It would be simpler to apply when you are on the ground.

Check with immigration, depending on your nationality, your husband will be granted a tourist visa for xxxx days.

First week you are here, send hubby down to immigration dept. to apply for dependants visa.

For financial standing evidence get a letter from your employer stating your salary detaila. Add bank acct. statement, and details of any assets you own, etc. and you should be fine.

JAherbert,
    Thank you for your reply. My husband has the right to stay 90 days without a visa. So it is simpler to apply after he has arrived in HK? OK, we'll do that then!
    Normad

Yeah. Much simpler to do that when he's here .. and he can do all the legwork / follow up..