what a dependant visa can do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hello pdlm sorry to ask .but i just want to know if a dependant visa can take her/his spouse here in hk,i'ts possible or not?then if possible what is the requirements?thank you very much

a person gets a dependent visa by being married or the child of someone who is already here, either on an employment visa or as a Permanent resident....so, your question makes absolutely no sense to me....
    how can you have a dependent visa if your spouse is not here? and if you are a child, then you can't be married...

sorry jeje,,if my question is noy clear,,the thing i want to ask is im still dependant with my mother ,,and i have wife in the philippines we just got married but the problem is can i get her here even im still dependant?thank you

no... and i'd be careful if i were you... you may not get the dependent visa renewed if you are old enough to need a visa in your own right.

ok thank you

I think you have lost the right to your Dependant Visa. Only unmarried children can be sponsored for a Dependant Visa in Hong Kong. By getting married you have lost the right to a Dependant Visa and it should not be renewed at the next renewal date. You could, of course, try to lie to Immigration and might get away with it, but that would be foolhardy in my view.

You should have investigated this before you got married.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/id998.htm#II

Last edited by PDLM; 16-01-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2