Like Tree1Likes

Multiple-Entry China Visa for Australia

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why indeed. But they can. It's China.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Why indeed. But they can. It's China.

Are saying that visa applications from agencies get preferential treatment over individual visa applicants who go to the Commissioner's Office directly (even if we are HKID holders)?

I would certainly like to hear from others on this as the extra costs to me don't justify going to an agency if you live close to Wan Chai.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Are saying that visa applications from agencies get preferential treatment over individual visa applicants who go to the Commissioner's Office directly (even if we are HKID holders)?

I would certainly like to hear from others on this as the extra costs to me don't justify going to an agency if you live close to Wan Chai.
    When I went to the commissioners office, was told that I could not get a 1 year multi entry business visa on a US passport. CTS was able to get it for me within a few days.

If you are a HKID card holder, you can usually get a 6 month multi L without a problem. Permanent HKID can get 3 year multi. There's no need to use an agency. The agencies are good for those without a HKID who want something different from the standard single or double entry, or those who want a visa a little out of the ordinary - 60 or 90 day entries rather than the standard 30 day. Or if you want a F visa but are lacking the necessary paperwork.

Agencies also have their uses at the times when China is being inflexible over issuing visas - such as during the run up to the 2008 Olympics. You can still see the notice that was enforced during that period on the visa office website. Agencies were still able to get non HKID card foreign passport holders Chinese visas during that time.
    Last edited by drumbrake; 12-05-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Hi all,

Apologies for necroing. I know this is an old thread but relevant to my interests.

I'm trying to apply for a multiple entry visa for an Aussie athlete/ staff. He just started working for my company based in HKG, but he will be racing and also conducting "adventure" programs frequently in mainland China frequently. He will typically stay in China for few days to up to a week each time.

What's his best visa option? I understand they've changed the business/ work visa policy... can anyone please kindly spell out what does it mean when they say "Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit" or "Confirmation Letter of Invitation" instead of the "Visa Notification Form"...?

Thanks,

If he works in HK and has a HKID, he can get a multiple entry visa without invitation. It will be limited to 30 days per stay. If not he works illegally in Hong Kong.

The OP says he will be working in China sometimes. Not sure if that complicates this. I don't work in China but have crossed for business meetings on my multiple entry visa.

If working is not an issue for the visa, then if the person has HKID, he can as HKT'r says get multiple entry but it will not be longer than his work visa so what I have done is get my HK visa renewal and go down the street to the Office of the Commissioner and apply for the the multiple entry visa to China so the two are expiring at the same time.

The OP says he will be working in China sometimes. Not sure if that complicates this. I don't work in China but have crossed for business meetings on my multiple entry visa.

If working is not an issue for the visa, then if the person has HKID, he can as HKT'r says get multiple entry but it will not be longer than his work visa so what I have done is get my HK visa renewal and go down the street to the Office of the Commissioner and apply for the the multiple entry visa to China so the two are expiring at the same time.
    They seem not too strict with this, as I got a China Visa that runs a few weeks longer than my HK visa. I at that time was wondering if they'd cut those weeks off the one year, but they didn't.