Like Tree1Likes

Multiple-Entry China Visa for Australia

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Multiple-Entry China Visa for Australia

Hi all,

I know there a lot of posts about this, but the rules seem different for all nationalities and it is very confusing!

Anyway, I am residing in HK on a tourist Visa for the next 3 months (in which I will probably take a quick trip to Macau, and then head back to HK) on my Australian passport.

Occassionally (at least more than twice) I will want to enter China for the weekend. is there any way that I can get a multiple entry visa. I do not have a HK ID card.

Are there any other options (i.e get a working holiday Visa, and then get a multiple entry on that)? Or is it just not possible?

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tmiddled:

Occassionally (at least more than twice) I will want to enter China for the weekend. is there any way that I can get a multiple entry visa. I do not have a HK ID card.
    Umm no you cant, as far as I know..

You can only get an F type multiple entry visa, from the Chinese embassy closest to you, back in Australia, if you do not have a HK id card. And even then, you would need a company supported letter, justifying why you need a multiple entry visa, and a letter of invitation from the China side.

You can also apply for an APEC business card, via the Australian immigration depart, providing you satisfy the criteria, which gives you 3 years automatic entry in all participating APEC nations, which the PRC is a participant.

If you visit The Office of the Commissioner Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China in Wanchai, you will be able to get a 2 entry visa that will be valid for say 2 or 3 months. That's about all you are going to get, while on a tourist visa.....

More info can be obtained here: Address/Office hours/Enquiry service

Good luck with that digger..

Quote Originally Posted by tmiddled:
    Anyway, I am residing in HK on a tourist Visa
    Er, that makes you an illegal immigrant, so you can't have any complaints if ImmD don't let you back in any time you choose to exit.

By residing I just mean staying. Isn't that why I get a 3 month tourist visa?

OK thanks for the info.

So if I get the 2/3 double entry I can go into China twice. In which case I will get another 90 day HK tourist Visa. ONce the double entry runs out (and if I am still holidying here) I can maybe get another double entry, and visit another 2 times in 2 or 3 months.

Thanks again,
    Tom

Tom,

I should have typed L & F type multiple entry visa in my previous post, depending on the circumstances... L = Tourist or for the purpose of visiting relative. F = Business.

Be careful with visa runs mate, they eventually wise up to it, when the HKSAR/Macau passport reader eventually red flags you, with an obligatory please explain why you are still here on a tourist visa, interview....

Last edited by Skyhook; 12-05-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Ummm.......So you are not allowed more than one 90 day tourist Visa? If that is the case then I will pursue other options. i.e. working holiday visa after this expires, or just go home. I thought doing a visa run was legit.

Or are you saying you are only allowed one double entry China visa?

Tom

He is saying that if you are doing HK 'visa runs' for any reason OTHER than being a tourist then you may have problems.

If you are a genuine tourist - rich guy with no job and time on his hands living in a hotel etc - no problem.

If you use an agent, such as Forever Bright, you can probably get a multi entry 6 month China L visa. Do not use CTS as your agent. If you go directly to the visa office, you will probably be limited to a double entry China L visa (if you do not have a HKID and do not have previous China visas, and are not a US passport holder).

Last edited by drumbrake; 12-05-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    If you use an agent, such as Forever Bright, you can probably get a multi entry 6 month China L visa. Do not use CTS as your agent. If you go directly to the visa office, you will probably be limited to a double entry China L visa (if you do not have a HKID and do not have previous China visas, and are not a US passport holder).
    This defies logic. Why would some agency be able to do better than the Commissioner's Office?

Too many visa runs can raise eyebrows and I have heard of European whites delayed coming back from Macau. You might not want to do that too many times or seem to be making a routine of it.
    Last edited by Football16; 12-05-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast