Dependant visa

Dependant visa

Can you get a dependant visa if you're not married?

Guido

Emigra

hello

This depends on your specific circumstances. For example you can get a dependant if you are a child under the age of 18, a wife or husband and even a parent over the age of 60.

You're right Paul. My girl friend would come with me to HK (without having a job). We've never been married and would not like to do so "just" to get a visa.

But from what I got it's probably not possible to get a dependant visa under these circumstances.

Guido

Emigra

hello

You would need to get married to get a dependant visa, but if you are engaged then it is possible for you to apply for an extended visitors visa until you get married.

is this still true?

Quote Originally Posted by Emigra:
    You would need to get married to get a dependant visa, but if you are engaged then it is possible for you to apply for an extended visitors visa until you get married.

hi Emigra: my bf and I are engaged, and he currently living in Hk under a working Visa. And i'm in HK now with my 60 days visit visa. Is that possiable for me to get a extention on my visa. If so, how long? And when should we start to apply for it?

Emigra

hello

It really does depend on how long the lead time is before you plan to get married and if you are successful, the time that you can extend you visa also depends on a case by case basis, for example 1 week to 4 weeks, it really depends and is at the immigration departments discretion.

You can start applying for a prolonged visitors visa once you are in Hong Kong.