Like Tree1Likes

I'm F**k*** Stupid!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

the one time i was in a similar situation, i got lucky. had a month and a half left on my passport- didnt' realize thailand needed 6th. went to the airport- they mentioned it to me- i said, i'll take my chances.

got to thailand immigration- had all my documents and my return itinerary/reciept- they didn't even bat an eye. simply asked when i was leaving and i replied, in 3 days.

no problem. i used a uk passport if that matter(ed)

I saw quite a few mainlanders were refused to let out of China at Lo Wu. Most of them thought they could cross the border any time within the 90-day visa duration. In order to get another visa, they have to go back to their home city police department, which can be hundreds of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I went to the airport station today for a long weekend in China and I got to the counter and it suddenly dawned on me my visa ran out!!! I couldn't believe i forgot! How stupid of me.

I could have gotten on the plane but probably refused entry so I return back home.

Anyone have done this? Or worse still, anyone gotten into China and get refused entry?

More stupid is that the flight was on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Heathrow to JFK - rushed to airport after work on a Friday. On heathrow train noticed got the date wrong and only flying out on Saturday. That's stupider.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Was flying to Le Bouget airport from an equally inconvenient airport in the UK with a colleague for a meeting in Paris.

She had forgotten her passport and decided to take a taxi back home to get it - a round trip of about an hour.

Fortunately she made it back in time. The check-in was casual then as there were very few flights from that airport and the plane had two props, with the "light refreshments" in a cooler box tucked under my seat when the life-jacket should have been. If you were a bit late for a flight, they just shoved the step ladder back up against the plane.

She was rather embarrassed about the passport incident and asked me not to tell anyone back at the office. I duly agreed.

She would have gotten away with it if she hadn't decided that, as the two-way taxi journey was very costly, she would include it on her expenses, which had to go to the boss for approval. No, he didn't.

I had a friend traveling to Norway via Aberdeen. He picked up his girlfriend's passport and no-one checked it properly until he arrived in Aberdeen (on a plane) and had to clear security again. Only then did security pick up the error and refused to let him continue to Norway (nor fly back to London).

Did I miss this living outside the UK for quarter of a century? You now need a passport to travel within the country?

No, but you need photo ID to board a commercial airline.

But fth's friend would have had his driver's licence. Unless he didn't have it on him.

UK driving licences don't necessarily have photos on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Did I miss this living outside the UK for quarter of a century? You now need a passport to travel within the country?
    I think you just need some sort of photo ID.