cost of apartments

Closed Thread

cost of apartments

Moving to Hong Kong soon. What can i expect for $30000 month, and what areas are good (young single male)

Thats great Paul, much appreciated, What area's are better for a young single male? I am told that the 'Stanley' area is very nice, however perhaps too far out of town? Happey Valley I also keep hearing.

Appreciate yoru feedback

I agree with Paul. Central or Western Mid-levels should be the best area for you to live in.

if you are like the outdoors and sports, and seas side living u could see saikung or clearwater bay can get some pretty neat houses with roof tops and terraces with sea views, sai kung is nice has some nice pubs restaurants etc besides its not too far from central it will cost you around 20-25k for a 2-3 bed with rf top or terrace and car park included in most of them

Quote Originally Posted by bobvandenoord:
    Moving to Hong Kong soon. What can i expect for $30000 month, and what areas are good (young single male)
    I would find out where you will be working and then decide. For me I choose to be closer to work rather than face a longer trip to AND from work to home. I guess it depends on what you want. For $30k you should be able to find a decent one bedroom serviced apartment easy.

Wink check where your work is first..

i agree, check where you are going to be working first, as a commute in the summer heat is not pleasant. a journey involving a crowded bus or tram or walk might not be fun.