What is Clearwaterbay like to live in?

Closed Thread

What is Clearwaterbay like to live in?

Have lived HK side before, Have Kids in school HK side but am interested to know what its like to live in Clearwater bay?
    How is the commute to HK island?
    What is public transport/taxi service like to the nearest MTR?
    Do you really get more sqft for your $?

u get 95% of the actual sq/ft stated where as in city building its more like 70%.

Transport is not that bad, quite a lot of Green minibuses that go to Tseung Kwan O / Kwun Tong / Po Lam. All three have MTR stations so it all depends on how far in Clear Water Bay you live in. Once you get to the MTR say like Hang Hau, its 30 mins to Central. You change over in North Point.

not to mention the links to choi hung...or do the minibuses not go there any more? it's been about 15 years since i lived there...LOL! things have changed a little in that time (back then, there was NO tseung kwan o line!)

I've been going a lot to Clear Water Bay / Sai Kung (but not Sai Kung Center) recently (looking at buying a village house or part of it), and I must say it is very nice. People are usually friendly, it seems you can easily meet your neighbors. Was surprised by the huge number of westerners and the price... you can get some really nice stuff for as "little" as 3.5 Mio HKD.

Transport is definitely not as good as in the more central area but it is not that long too (all places we visited were less than 45 / 50 minutes to Central by bus/MTR).

The living environment seems great (even more with kids I would think). School wise we noticed a Woodland School nearby Marina Cove and there must be other options I am sure...the residents on this board can probably guide you.

Overall we seriously consider moving there once our lease expire. Will be looking at other places though just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    not to mention the links to choi hung...or do the minibuses not go there any more? it's been about 15 years since i lived there...LOL! things have changed a little in that time (back then, there was NO tseung kwan o line!)
    In the early mornings around 7 ish there is a Red Minibus service that heads to Mong Kok and it goes by Choi Hung but its only for the early hours, by 8 am they have stopped.

hmmmm... good to know... the green minibus used to go to choi hung. there was no minibus at all to mongkok... and the red minibus went to po lam (but there was no mtr station there at the time)...

well the red minibuses are "licence to kill" so... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    the green minibus used to go to choi hung. there was no minibus at all to mongkok
    Green ones these days only go to Kwun Tong / Po Lam and Tseung Kwan O, there is a KMB that goes to Choi Hung but it takes a while to get there.

Thanks for all the info, do the mini buses go along clearwaterbay rd, how can I find out the routes of the minibuses?

yes, the minibuses go along clearwater bay road...

have you ever been there?