Working in Sha tin, living in... where?

Closed Thread

Working in Sha tin, living in... where?

We will be moving to Hong Kong later this year, and will be working in Shatin. We're looking for somewhere to live that's not too far away (by public transport), is a nice area, and which we could get a decent size 2/3 bed flat/house.

I've been looking at Sai Kung, but it appears to be a 50 minute bus ride to sha tin, and I'd like something a bit closer.

Can anyone recommend any good areas to look at ?

Thanks

Jennifer

Then why not just in Shatin or Tai Wai?

Depends on your budget. We are living in Tai Po (hubby working in the Science Park near the University)- heaps of choice from budget high rise to penthouse quality with panoramic sea views.....

I live in Shatin Cityone. Pretty convenient, try coming by to check out the property agents.

Thanks all,

Ideally we'd want to spend $10,000 - $15,000 pm. And for that we'd want a decent sized (900 sq ft+) 3 bed apartment (we are bringing 2 cats, hence the need for space).

Is this possible in Shatin, or do we need to be further out to get space for that money? I've looked on gohome but there's not much on there. Can anyone recommend any Shatin based estate agents?

Thanks

Jen

I lived in Shatin for 6 years, and I think it is a great place to live. Everything you could possibly want is in New Town Plaza.

There's lots of agents, just come by and walk around. Popular ones like Centanet etc are all over.

Quote Originally Posted by jenifa:
    Thanks all,

Ideally we'd want to spend $10,000 - $15,000 pm. And for that we'd want a decent sized (900 sq ft+) 3 bed apartment (we are bringing 2 cats, hence the need for space).

Is this possible in Shatin, or do we need to be further out to get space for that money? I've looked on gohome but there's not much on there. Can anyone recommend any Shatin based estate agents?

Thanks

Jen
    For that price you could get a 1100 sq foot apartment at Granville Gardens in Tai Wai, or you could get into the New Town Plaza 3 apartments for that budget although the flats are smaller. Looking further north there are many apartments for rent at City 1, Pictorial Gardens and Castello. Alternatively get a 700 sq ft village house for under $10,000 which would give you the equivalent living space of about 1000-1100 sq ft apartment. Look to the south of Sha Tin for the best and most convenient villages such as Kak Tin Village, Tai Wai New Village, Sha Tin Wai New Village, etc. Plenty of expats in these areas. All convenient for bus and train links as well as restaurants, supermarkets and bars.

As for estate agents, well all the usual players such as Centaline, Midland, Century21 and Ricacorp are here. I would recommend a local agent, Wealth Property Management, owner is Tommy Li. He will actually take your details and will only show you the things you want to see as opposed to the main agents showing you whatever they have! PM me if you want more details.

Cheers JayKay that's extremely helpful.