Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hello_there

Good location for a spacious flat (>800 net sq ft) within 25k

Closed Thread

Good location for a spacious flat (>800 net sq ft) within 25k

Hi,

I just landed in HK and was shown couple of flats yesterday in mid Levels west. They were all 2 bed flats with tiny bedroom, kitchen and small living area. The net area was not more than 450-500 sq ft though the estate agent claimed a 750-800 sqft gross area and 600-700 net area. The asking price was HK$ 25-30k pm.

My budget is around $25k and I would be working in IFC, and I definitely want a 800-1000 sq ft net/carpet area with spacious rooms and a living room. I guess this means 1200-1400 gross area. Can you please suggest a good location where I can meet my requirements within my budget? I dont mind not being swarmed with restaurants, pubs and nightlife if I get a spacious apartment.

I imagine Mid-Levels and Central are out of question. I prefer staying on the island, though can consider Disco Bay or any good expat development as long as it doesnt take more than 30 mins to reach IFC

Thanks

Try Kennedy Town, Wan Chai, Happy Valley, North Point/ Tai Koo...
    all on the island. Will take some leg work and may be in an older building, but you should be able to find something. The web site below is pretty searchable by location and price (which is roughly accurate but in some cases 10% or so higher than a local listing for a similar flat) so it might help give you an idea of what's out there in various areas.

Oh, and lots of times older buildings have more 'efficient' floor space usage and square footage is closer to what is stated...

Hong Kong Property and Apartment, for Rent and for Sale - Hong Kong Realty

Last edited by hello_there; 01-07-2010 at 07:33 AM.
    CMGogo likes this.

About that web site - i forgot to mention that it doesn't seem to cover all (or even most) buildings in some areas, so it is also worth hoofing it out to local property agents in various parts of town and looking at their listings. kinda miserable in this heat, unfortunately.