Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PackerFan

Gateway apartments

Closed Thread

Gateway apartments

Has anyone had any recent experience staying at the Gateway serviced apartments?
    From what I can see it looks close to the MTR and ferry.
    From the website it looks clean, views look great and the 2 bedroom apartments look big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids for a month.

There are a few comments on here but they are from 2006.

Thanks

They are sizeable - big by HK standards.
    It is above Harbour City, so very central.
    There are quite a few CX pilots who live there.
    Not sure what they are going for at the moment, but a 1brm goes for around $45k a month, so the 2brm must be north of $70k.

Spot on the money Crocodile - they are about $75k - $79k per month. It is expensive but you only get one chance to make a first impression and I thought it would be nice to stay somewhere memorable.
    It is for a month while we find somewhere to live more permanently.

We are moving to HK in the next 3-4 weeks and it seems like a good place to start with.

I'm there right now, it's a very good place to start out when first landing in Hong Kong. We are leaving soon, but it's been a good couple months.

1) It's location is excellent, you are 1 exit from Hong Kong side and in the heart of TST.

2) The apts are good sized, but there is sometimes a waiting list for 2bedrooms. They aren't impossible to get, but they come and go quickly.

3) You also pay only $150HKD/month and you have membership to Pacific Club. It's a really nice facility, quite big actually. It's a great gym, plus a nice kids area! They have a ping pong room, a fooseball and airhockey table, and a free little gaming room with PSP, Xbox and such. Plus a play area with blocks, books, pitball area and a small gym slide area. Plus there's a few restaurants, a huge pool with a view of the harbour, and tennis courts on the roof. Tennis courts, squash and table tennis courts are extra charge, but nothing too expensive. Nice spa, a bar (we watched some world cup games there, they always show sporting events there) and they have a tiny rental movie club (I think it's $150/month for unlimited rentals) which the kids love but its a limited selection.

4) You've also got the star ferry a quick walk away, plus the Macau ferry is right behind the apt, plus if you have guests they can stay at any of the 3 Marco Polo hotels attached to Harbour City.

5) Not to mention the shopping, you don't have to leave Harbour City if you don't want to, it's pretty mammoth in terms of restaurants and shops. And if you do want to do high end luxury shopping, you are in the heart of all those shops as well on canton road. If you are a big movie buff there are 2 movie halls playing both chinese and english movies, one on one side and on one the other side of canton road, plus a few blocks away is iSquare which has a really nice Imax theater and regular movie hall as well. Plus Elements is 5 min. away by Taxi, more shopping, restaurants, movie hall, and an ice rink!

6) Concierge is friendly, everyone is pretty nice they try to make you feel comfortable.

7) Grocery store is in the mall, City Super (although everything is imported and expensive there but it's a nice store), a more local shop is Welcome it's a couple blocks away off of Haiphong road if you don't mind the walk.

Overall I think it's quite a nice place, and a lot more spacious then many other service apts. We looked at others and I felt like their bedrooms were closets, or some of them didn't include utensils or other things. I think it's a good choice.

Last edited by PackerFan; 03-07-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Croquet King likes this.

Agree with the everything PackerFan said, especially the club. I think the normal membership for the club is several thousand dollars a month.

Short of the Four Seasons Apartments, I can't think of a better place to start off for a amonth.
    I know several people that have stayed there for several years.
    Be careful though, it might set the bar too high for your future apartments

Good Luck.

Never stayed there but know the apartments well as these guys are customers of ours. Actually as mentioned it does spoil you a bit, great bedroom and bathroom sizes, good sized living / dining area and Poggenpohl kitchen. Very clean, great location and great facilities if you take the club package, one of the only ones actually worth having in HK.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jaykay; 03-07-2010 at 03:45 PM.