Single Female Looking for apt near Central - 13-15k

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Single Female Looking for apt near Central - 13-15k

I am looking for an apt around the 13-15k price range near IFC or at least a stop or two away by metro.

Some requirements (if possible):
    - expat area
    - close to metro
    - newish building
    - possible balcony
    - gym in building

Not sure how possible these requirements are in that price range, but I would like to start searching around for any that come close. Any feedback appreciated. Would like to stay on the island as my job has odd hours. Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm looking for a female roommate too, and our requirements are very similar, when do you plan to move in?

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread112111.html

I had a similar post before, maybe you could have a look first see whether we match

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss99:
    I am looking for an apt around the 13-15k price range near IFC or at least a stop or two away by metro.

Some requirements (if possible):
    - expat area
    - close to metro
    - newish building
    - possible balcony
    - gym in building

Not sure how possible these requirements are in that price range, but I would like to start searching around for any that come close. Any feedback appreciated. Would like to stay on the island as my job has odd hours. Thanks in advance.
    There is really no such thing as an expat area in HK.
    It is called the MTR, not the metro.
    But buses/mini-buses can be just as efficient.
    Balconies are less common in hong kong.

If you are looking for a place by yourself, then you have little, or no chance of an apartment meeting your requirements, not for that price. You will have to compromise on at least two of your requirements.

Try Sheung Wan - some recent posts on here have given it a good review lately. That is really the only place so close to IFC.
    Or Wan Chai/Causeway Bay. You might be able to get a small apartment for your needs. Kennedy Town might be good too, but no MTR. It has some newer apartments there.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Crocodile; 04-07-2010 at 08:11 AM.

There're several actually....like J-residence in Wanchai

Quote Originally Posted by dr1122:
    There're several actually....like J-residence in Wanchai
    Good point. But that is probably 30%+ more than her budget.

If stoploss99 is willing to increase her budget to around $18-20k that will definitely increase her outlook.

Try searching on hongkonghomes.com and squarefoot.com.hk to give you an idea of what is out there. Then go to an agent in the area and see what is available.

TST, Prat Mansions, 520 Sqft, 12k rent. Only 2 stops as well. 5 minutes walk to the MTR. But the bulding is 28 years old and no gym/balcony.

Last edited by hktraveller; 04-07-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    Good point. But that is probably 30%+ more than her budget.

If stoploss99 is willing to increase her budget to around $18-20k that will definitely increase her outlook.

Try searching on hongkonghomes.com and squarefoot.com.hk to give you an idea of what is out there. Then go to an agent in the area and see what is available.
    I thought that's 13k-15k per person? then 2 together would be 25k-30k, no? ....
    Sigh...I thought I could find a roommate this time....

@dr1122, Only you seem to think the OP is looking for a roommate - I see nothing in her post to suggest that. I think she wants an apartment to herself.

Note that IFC is about 6-7 minutes walk from Central MTR station (albeit air-conditioned, underground). The station that is right underneath IFC is Hong Kong, so consider the area around Olympic MTR (2 stops from Hong Kong on the Tung Chung Line).

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    @dr1122, Only you seem to think the OP is looking for a roommate - I see nothing in her post to suggest that. I think she wants an apartment to herself.

Note that IFC is about 6-7 minutes walk from Central MTR station (albeit air-conditioned, underground). The station that is right underneath IFC is Hong Kong, so consider the area around Olympic MTR (2 stops from Hong Kong on the Tung Chung Line).

o....sorry...my bad, I guess it's because I was thinking about finding a roommate

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast