Like Tree3Likes

Best buildings in mid-levels?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Best buildings in mid-levels?

Hi - this site is great, thanks for the help!

Simply, what are the best buildings in mid-levels to live in?

I am looking for a 850+ft, 2+ br, $27-30k. - but I want it to have some WOW factor .

Are there any buildings that you've walked into and said "this is a very slick apartment?"

Thanks! (we are a 25 year old couple and want to live it up abit )

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Not all apartments in a building will be the same. You could have a crap building but a great apartment. Or a great building but a crap apartment.

Talk to an estate agent and they will help to find you a great apartment in a great building which will impress your friends.

battling likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    which will impress your friends.
    if only I had friends.

Thanks Claire! so there are no buildings that are generally considered to have nicer apartments?

I've got a few names from the site, but as an expat, I was hoping someone could just make the decision for me! There are too many buildings to choose from!!

Got an agent to take me around when I arrive already, so maybe I just need to do the hard slog and visit a few until I find a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by battling
    if only I had friends.

Thanks Claire! so there are no buildings that are generally considered to have nicer apartments?

I've got a few names from the site, but as an expat, I was hoping someone could just make the decision for me! There are too many buildings to choose from!!

Got an agent to take me around when I arrive already, so maybe I just need to do the hard slog and visit a few until I find a nice one.
    Good luck. I visited 30 odd Mid-Levels apartments without finding a decent one, at a similar price range to you. It came as a nasty shock to see small, poorly located and poorly maintained apartments with the landlords demanding $30k in rent per month!
    battling likes this.

Thanks Geoff! What building did you end up going with?

Exactly.. I've seen a lot of nice apartments in crap buildings and a lot of crap apartments in nice buildings!

If you want to be general, then go for a brand new building, in which most flats will be un-altered and in good condition, such as No. 31 Robinson Road, or the like.

battling likes this.

I ended up in Kowloon - The Harbourside. Spend some time in Mid-Levels, there are plenty of decent places there too - just don't raise your hopes sky high or be prepared to up the budget.... the "wow" factor was a bit lacking for me!

Fixed it for you:

Quote Originally Posted by battling
    Simply, what are the best buildings in mid-levels to live in given that I have a limited budget of $30k a month and want a larger 2+br apartment?
    I agree with Geoff. You are going to be very depressed at to what they want to give you for $30k a month.

Thanks guys. I'll tone down my expectations...

bdw

If you want wow factor, how about something on Kowloon side that has a nice Victoria Harbour view?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast