Double Paying Rent on Last day of Lease

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think it's because they are service apts, maybe the rules are a bit different.

The rent at the current place is $45K/month so I was just calculating the extra day ($1500) being wasted at the old place, even though I won't be there on that last day.

The new place said they are like a hotel, you pay the day you "check in" so to speak. If that's the case, then the old place should be like a hotel too and let you leave before 10AM when you "check out" and not have to pay that day. But it doesn't work like that.

Oh well. I just wanted the rent to start on the first just for making it easy to remember, I realize rents don't have to be on the 1st, I was just trying to make it that way since I was starting a new lease. My current lease ends on the 21st I was trying to extend to to the end of the month.

Looks like it won't be on the first anyway because we have people from the U.S. coming that weekend, so we'll have to move a couple days before.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerFan:
    I think it's because they are service apts
    Perhaps you should have mentioned this before? Everyone's comments are now redundant.

Although if you're blowing $45k every month on rent, I'm surprised you're worried about wasting a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Perhaps you should have mentioned this before? Everyone's comments are now redundant.

Although if you're blowing $45k every month on rent, I'm surprised you're worried about wasting a bit more.
    Sorry about that realized after the fact.

But hey wasting or not, every penny hurts.

if every penny hurts, come stay in my spare room. I'll charge you 35000 a month, bargain

Out of interest, what are you in hk for, business?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Edit: on a more serious note, you know in hk you can get a maid for 4k so that leaves 41k for an 'unserviced' apartment. But I guess youre only here for a month or so?

Last edited by justjoe86; 13-07-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Out of interest, what are you in hk for, business?
    No, he's one of those guys who collects cardboard boxes on the street

I'm jumping in and out of the country a bit and eventually want to settle down in a regular apt. Just haven't found my long term residence yet.

Will eventually get a regular apt and get a maid, filling out the domestic help paperwork. My daughter's school starting in August so we decided to live nearby her school, but I don't think I'm going to like it there long term. Her school is in Repulse Bay but I work in Kowloon. I think we'll end up in midlevels which seems like a good compromise between both. I'm thinking we'll only be in a service apt for another month or two.

I kind of like trying out neighborhoods without being locked into a 1-2 year lease, so the service apt is convenient.

I'm in wholesale trading to Asia (especially China). Currently perfumes, cosmetics, but trying to add more diverse lines and keep expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    No, he's one of those guys who collects cardboard boxes on the street
    lol bookblogger are you british? You're delightfully sarcastic as i'm noticing the more of your posts i see. Like your god given aim is to ridicule the masses.

I'm british that's why i wondered, a lot of dry humour where i come from. It's nice of you to make me feel so close to home
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sarcasm? I speak only God's truth!