Buying Advice? Recommendations? Warnings?

Buying Advice? Recommendations? Warnings?

I'm itching to buy a home still, and just wondering what others think?
    Right now I'm thinking hunghom area and Kennedy town area are best places for investment, considering the future MTR expansions should drive convenience and price up.

I'm looking to buy under 4M...preferably around 700+sqft.
    Be great if it includes some kind of clubhouse facilities, but not a must.

Anyone recommend some estates?
    Any opinions on the market or locations?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by BenderBends; 10-07-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Have no in depth knowledge about the market, but, from a personal perspective, I bought in Kennedy Town 6 months ago and the bank valuation is now 5% higher than what I bought for.

I reckon if you're buying a home to live in and can't envisage having to sell it quick at any point then you can't go far wrong...? Over 80% of what I pay out each month is capital repayment and my total monthly mortgage payment is less than I was paying in rent. So, in my simple little head it makes perfect sense to buy.

I can guarantee tho that you'll get plenty of people chipping in saying definitely don't buy!!

Agreed with ArKay that if you are buying a home to live in and can't enisage having to sell it quick then you can't go far wrong. Yes, I am sure a lot of people would chip in and say don't buy. I would say Kennedy Town is great considering the future MTR expansion.

Last edited by Snoota; 15-07-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Kennedy town price increase alot already 700sqf under 4m will probably be an old building

Some flat in my building in KT are selling for 1 million more than when i bought less than 2 years ago.

Yes, we looked at Kennedy Town too and the price has increased a lot. Try University Heights or Tai Pak Terrace.

for sale

I know its not the area requested but my uncle-in-law is selling 3 houses as he will return to Australia. Shatin ground floor village house 700sqft 3 bed 1 bath very green and breezy 1.8 million. Ting Kok rd Tai Po whole house 2000sq ft 3 bed 3 bath total new unlived in decoration kitchen and bathrooms gutted and redone 3.3 million and amazing house Maple Garden Yuen Long (easy to get to hk side) 5 bedroom 3bathroom 2000sqft new decoration 5million if you are interested - [email protected] - of course no commission

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    I'm itching to buy a home still, and just wondering what others think?
    Right now I'm thinking hunghom area and Kennedy town area are best places for investment, considering the future MTR expansions should drive convenience and price up.

I'm looking to buy under 4M...preferably around 700+sqft.
    Be great if it includes some kind of clubhouse facilities, but not a must.

Anyone recommend some estates?
    Any opinions on the market or locations?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    hey what happend to park island? ;-)

i would also consider the new development near the ferry pier in kowloon city. forgot the name...