Townhouses?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

if you go to
    http://www.gohome.com.hk

click on the english version and then enter your requirements, you should get an "idea" of what's available...ou can even sort through and only loook at ones that have photos...

take it all with a pinch of salt though

thanks very much - I'll look into all of this,

Close to Central - how about the Peak for HK$900,000 per month?

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate
    Close to Central - how about the Peak for HK$900,000 per month?
    Life is boring, isn't it?

"though it appears HK is loads cheaper than london for basic necesities like food/transport etc."

I would actually say that prices here are much more insane than in London when it comes to most things. Sure the prices might be lower in absolute terms, but you just seem to get so much less for your money here most of the time, so it fells like you are paying more all the time.

As an example: You can have lunches for HKD25 around IFC, but the quality is lacking and most of the time I end up going to more expensive places and paying the same as in London, and often a lot more, and the food still isn't that good, not to mention the service. Not a good deal in my eyes. Spaghetti House in HK for instance charges more than Carluccios for lunch and comparing Spaghetti House to Carluccios is like comparing canned shaghetti hoops to a family restaurant in Italy...

Transport is for sure cheaper, and more convenient and reliable, here than in London any way you look at it, so atleast that is better. Not to mention the weather :P

Ahh this is good to know. In what way is the food lower quality - poor ingredients, service, cooking?

Just curious

I'm not sure where you're from, but I don't know why someone would think food is lower quality here. Sure, the bread might not be so great, compared to fresh baked italian bread, but things like meat, poultry, seafood, pork is second to none in HK. It's fresh, and cheap, and you have a LOT to choose from. Eventually you'll find the best places to go for each (and will likely all be in the same area) and you'll be enjoying delicious fresh food for dinner every night.

If you eat at food courts all the time, and crappy chain restaurants like spaghetti house, then yes, the food will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic
    As an example: You can have lunches for HKD25 around IFC, but the quality is lacking and most of the time I end up going to more expensive places and paying the same as in London, and often a lot more, and the food still isn't that good, not to mention the service. Not a good deal in my eyes. Spaghetti House in HK for instance charges more than Carluccios for lunch and comparing Spaghetti House to Carluccios is like comparing canned shaghetti hoops to a family restaurant in Italy...
    It's like you say that the Sichuan food you eat in UK is not good as the one you eat in HK. If you come in Asia for eating Italian spaghetti, then you are going to be disappointed most of the time.
    But if you eat Chinese noodles, then you won't.
    Chinese food in Italy is terrible, so I avoid it. As I avoid Italian food in China and HK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3