Apartments in Shatin

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Apartments in Shatin

Guys, I would be moving to Hong Kong around next week. I'm a first-timer. I have been looking for a single-bed apartment in Shatin with a budget of HK5K/month. To date, a few agents recommended me the following:

·Shatin TAI WAI Golden Lion Garden
    ·City One Shatin
    ·Shatin Centre
    ·Garden Rivera
    ·Shatin Park Garden

Any inputs on any of the above apartments? I would highly appreciate your inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro/Engineer:
    Guys, I would be moving to Hong Kong around next week. I'm a first-timer. I have been looking for a single-bed apartment in Shatin with a budget of HK5K/month. To date, a few agents recommended me the following:

·City One Shatin
    ·Shatin Centre
    ·Garden Rivera
    ·Shatin Park Garden

Any inputs on any of the above apartments? I would highly appreciate your inputs.
    For 5K you can rent 2 bedroom appartment in City One, about 400sf. Good place and convenient transport. Recommended. I suggest you come to see the place first before agree on any contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro/Engineer:

·City One Shatin
    ·Shatin Centre
    ·Garden Rivera
    ·Shatin Park Garden

City One is close to river and KCR Ma On Shan Rail. 52 apartment blocks there so plenty of variety although not much in the way of shopping and things to do at night.

Garden Riviera again is close to the river although you would have to rely on buses as no rail close by.

Sha Tin Centre and Sha Tin Park Garden are expensive so for 5k you would only get a tiny place.

Golden Lion Gardens, well there is a Phase 1 and Phase 2. Both close to Tai Wai KCR station and all buses so the most convenient of the lot. More expats in the area, more shops and good bars, although GLG is a Chinachem building so take the usueable square footage as 25% less than what they tell you.

Out of all of them I'd go with Golden Lion because of convenience and the people around you. A nice area and good management at the building. PM me if you want more details.

Thumbs up

thanks, ck123 & jaykay, for your valuable inputs.

Why I like customer protection laws....

This "gross size" is the most pointless thing ever invented... Jaykay, do you happen to know by chance how it is calculated? Just a prefactor? I've received the floor plan from the agent but I'd like to avoid to visit every unit just to find out how big it really is Do you have the usable ratio for Golden Lion Garden?

Aside from Golden Lion Garden, does anyone know other estate that have a 1 bedroom 1 living room layout?

To update the original poster's information, flats at Golden Lion Garden go right now at around 6K (asked price. Does it mean I can negotiate down a few hundred HK$?) , and at least according to the floor plans those with 452sqft seem to be most atractive as they have windows at both sides of the living room area, while other units have windows only in the bedroom.....

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    This "gross size" is the most pointless thing ever invented... Jaykay, do you happen to know by chance how it is calculated? Just a prefactor? I've received the floor plan from the agent but I'd like to avoid to visit every unit just to find out how big it really is Do you have the usable ratio for Golden Lion Garden?

Aside from Golden Lion Garden, does anyone know other estate that have a 1 bedroom 1 living room layout?

To update the original poster's information, flats at Golden Lion Garden go right now at around 6K (asked price. Does it mean I can negotiate down a few hundred HK$?) , and at least according to the floor plans those with 452sqft seem to be most atractive as they have windows at both sides of the living room area, while other units have windows only in the bedroom.....

Thanks a lot
    There is no defined calculation, all builders measure the ratio differently. Golden Lion is a Chinachem building and they are notorious for their calculations of space. In Golden Lion for example your 452sq/ft also takes into account the bay windows, corridor space and shared space. Other builders calculate in different ways.

I would visit a few apartments there as some are redecorated and updated and others are old and worn. There is a huge difference. Spend time to find something comfortable.

Golden lion

Hi,

I am looking 2bhk nearby shatin, please suggest best one..
    Budget is 5k.
    what abt the furnished flat?

apartment at shatin

Hi,

How do i go to TAI WAI Golden Lion Garden for any 2bhk enquiry?

i am looking for 2bhk nearby shatin within budget.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Find Golden Lion Garden, Hong Kong through Google Maps. When walking there along Chui Tin Road, there'll be a number of agencies on your left, they all will have some rooms there for rent.

However, I doubt you will find anything there for 5K now, and I'm very sure that you will have no chance to find any 2br flats (the only ones that actually have this layout are the 570sqft ones, at least out of the ~20 or so I looked at last year). Keep in mind, the advertised prices are often for really run-down apartments and do not include the management fee.

Not a number of agencies anymore, they've all closed except for the long term local one there - Wealth Management Properties.

In Golden Lion Gardens Phase 1 there are small 2 bedroom places, but they are small. Most people knock the 2 bedrooms into 1. Will come in around the 5K mark. Never seen one where you pay the management fee separately but there may be a few. It's not usual to be honest there - I lived there years ago and own a few places there myself and know many of the landlords. GL Phase 2 is a little different but not too far off.

Agencies in Tai Wai centre will also have apartments there - just exit Tai Wai Station from Exit D and you will see them directly in front of you. Easier to find English speaking agents there, although they will not have the knowledge of the local agents.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast