Advice on serviced apartments in Kowloon

Closed Thread

Advice on serviced apartments in Kowloon

I had posted this in the 'Planning your move' section yesterday but I just realised this is probably the better forum for my question

Hi everyone,
    I'm moving to HK in October. I was planning on going over for a week in August to look for an apartment, but the plan has changed and I am now going to stay in a serviced apartment when I arrive in October while I look for a permanent place.
    So my question is: are there serviced apartments you can recommend in Kowloon? Not looking for luxury, but clean and comfortable, pool and gym a definite plus.
    I've been looking at some online and I found a couple so far that look ok in theory:
    Pinnacle Apartment
    Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees

Does anyone have experience with these?
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees.

Stayed there when I was looking around myself for 1 week but only in the hotel, not sure about the serviced apartments.

Two things, full of mainlanders on holiday. Not a plus.

Probably more important it's not very convenient as it's not on the MTR and located in Kowloon City. It has a free bus but it's pretty full all the time.

Have a look at Harbourfront or Harbourview in Hung Hom. I stayed in Harbourfront (just left actually). It's ok and price is pretty good compared to others. Not too convenient either but the gym and pool is good and exceptional view. Pool is closed from October I think.