Apartment letting agents

Closed Thread

Apartment letting agents

Moving to HK from UK in the summer. Looking to get in touch with a letting agency to try and fix up a couple of viewings on my next trip or at least talk to one. Can anyone suggest one that I could get in touch with before I go. Or anyone know suitable apartments?
    Looking for a 2 bed apt (monthly budget 21000HKD). Furnished, not serviced, mod cons, maybe gym membership to get in shape!! Area with young professional expats. Any recommedations on area as thought Mid levels, Central, Wanchai?
    Any help would be much appreciated as can't see the wood from the trees!

welcome to HK

in my experience the apartment rental was the easiest part of the move. i'd suggest you arrange to move into a serviced apartment for first month at least, then use that time to determine where you want to live, how far you are prepared to travel to work etc. if you are shipping things out here, they take their time to arrive, so no need to rush into an apartment without making a careful decision.

a place with gym will cost you - and may not be a fully equiped place, so do a google for FitnessFirst and California gyms to get an idea of their rates.

cheers
    graeme

Graeme, thanks for the advice, puts me a little at ease.
    Cheers
    Dave

Hi David,
    We recently moved into HK, and used a service apartment for one month and looked at apartments at places where we want, with your budget, I dont think you will have any problem, we also had our movers hold our things, so that they would ship it to the address of our long term apartment, some movers would charge extra, others dont, in our case, our things arrived after we have decided on the apartment which worked out pretty well. Let me know if you need more details.