How is life in a HK village like?

How is life in a HK village like?

Is HK village life really that desolate as described in this forum?

I have been to taiwan and there are plenty of villages in the suburbia area.

However, those taiwanese villages are pretty modern. In fact, they can be considered to be self-contained mini suburbs. Although they do not have those mega-malls, they have at least mini grocery shops, quite a few clean eateries and internet cafes.

Taiwanese villages are nothing like those mainland villages found in rural china.

Now those mainland villages are real villages. They have no shops of any kind and each family maintains their own vegetable plots and coops of chickens. To make things worse, they are stranded in the middle of nowhere. Well, mainland China is pretty big.

My question is.. are HK villages anything like those taiwanese villages? Or are they as primitive/rural as those mainland villages?

Having my own vegetable plot and chicken coops sounds quite idyllic.

A mix. There are many in more rural parts of HK and there are others right in the heart of it - so there are many choices.

a mix? u mean some villages have plenty of shops while other villages have only vegetable plots and chicken coops?

You'd be hard pressed to find villages with chicken coups seems keeping chickens is illegal anyway. There are some rather remote villages in HK but nothing like old villages in poor parts of China. There may be no shops but otherwise life is modern. And then there are villages right in the middle of towns where everything is in reach. You have villages bought up by developers and turned into gated communities. Thing is HK is so small there are very few comparisons can be made with China or Taiwan.
    Posted via Mobile Device

i live in a "remote" village, by some standards, we do not have any shops. we like it this way. we don't want them around, if we did, we'd live closer to "town". we have the same "modern" conveniences of most other villages, internet, bbtv, electricity, flushing water... BUT we have a septic tank that needs emptying every couple of years. our electricity sometimes goes out when it's pissing rain out, our mobile reception sucks, but our landlines are fine....

my business is in a village in the middle of tsing yi. it's got everything a stone's throw away. schools, buses, minibuses, mtr, etc.

This is how Carang surfs geoexpat:

http://ryereflections.org/servlet/pl...03438373032%5D

i gotta admit i was a little more than aprehensive when i saw your post, bdw... then i openned the link and actually laughed out loud!