moving to hong kong - central

Closed Thread

Smile moving to hong kong - central

hay guys ( and girls)
    ive recived a job offer in hong kong central for 3 months and wanted to ask for any advice you can give
    about the apartment - how much is the rent in the area i talked about - central ? dont need a big place but nothing sleezy as well

does the rent includ water and electricity bills? are there furnished apartments?
    what is the normally food rate there?
    when coming to calacute my daily expences- what is the rabge in your opinion ?
    i have lots more question up a head - this will do for know
    thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by asi227:
    hay guys ( and girls)
    ive recived a job offer in hong kong central for 3 months and wanted to ask for any advice you can give
    about the apartment - how much is the rent in the area i talked about - central ? dont need a big place but nothing sleezy as well

does the rent includ water and electricity bills? are there furnished apartments?
    what is the normally food rate there?
    when coming to calacute my daily expences- what is the rabge in your opinion ?
    i have lots more question up a head - this will do for know
    thanks a lot
    Only 3 months? in Central? sounds like internships in money business.
    The rent of a studio in Central varies from HK$ 7k to 12k per month. If you want a cheaper place, try shared flats or somewhere near Sheung Wan and Wanchai. Not many of them are furnished.

Food is cheap in most chinese restaurants, but I doubt if you want to go there. The daily expense is about $100/day.

You should look at serviced apartments. The ones around Soho (within 10 minutes walk to Central) is about $15K-$2K.

Last edited by newbigland; 03-10-2006 at 10:58 PM.

There is a guy on here who rents serviced apartments / rooms for around HK$7K .. within 20 minutes of Central if thats the price range you're look for.

Look in www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/ under owner listings.

hey! wow only 3 months in hk? is it your first time in asia? 3 months is going to fly by before you even know it. if it is, then i suggest you finding a service apt. don't bother yourself with renting an apt and trying to furnish it. a service apt. may be more expensive than an average apartment in central, but you're paying for the service and it's worth saving you time.