Where would you live on a 10-12K budget?

Where would you live on a 10-12K budget?

i've got about 10 guys from the company i work for coming over from all over the world to start work in hk in about a month and since i'm the only one who's sort of lived in hk, i'd really like to help them to find accomodation (at least!).

details:
    1. they'll be here for about 12 months and are all single and no older than 30 (or at least that should be the case). so probably small apartments/studios

2. working in central, around garden road.

3. as the title suggests, i think the budget will be about 10-12K (NB not paid by the company).

i know i can just rock up at real estate agents, but in which districts should i start looking? central/soho seems to be an obvious choice but i'm not so sure price-wise and i'd like to know where else you seasoned expats would suggest!

thanks in advance!

sorry - forgot to add, i've already been looking on www.hongkonghomes.com and www.gohome.com.hk

Would they be willing to share flats? You could get 3 bedroom apts for 25 to 35K each anywhere around mid-levels. If you find one in Mcdonnell Rd, Kennedy Rd or Star Street - they could walk to work...

agree with backtohk also don't forget to mention to an agent that you're looking at 3/4 apartments to rent out and what deal they can negotiate for you as they'll be getting a pretty tidy commission from you and the landlord.

The 10-12k is just for rent or everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate
    The 10-12k is just for rent or everything?
    range is hypothetical, but let's say rent only.