Like Tree4Likes

Looking for a decent place in hong kong island

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a decent place in hong kong island

Hi all,

Both my husband and I will be relocating to HK end of this month. We need some advise/help to identify which are the possible areas that meet our requirements as follow:

i) Location - top priority (preferably somewhere near Central/Wan chai)
    ii) Budget around HKD20k and below
    iii) Size - about 700 sq ft and above
    iv) Convenient - near to MRT services, supermarkets, etc
    v) No kids nor pets
    vi) Seaview or harbourview would be a plus (not necessarily)

We have seen some nice units in queen's terrace in sheung wan thats within our budget. Is that a good place? any other recommendations?

thanks and cheers!

The Zenith in Wan Chai, but it might be a bit too convenient to the supermarkets.

lilmo likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

That's a tall order. A 700 sf flat with HK$20K budget next to the MTR in a couple of the most expensive areas in Hong Kong, and with a seaview!

Your best bet is to approach an agent in the areas you are looking in. They will know of buildings we will never have heard of. Be clear about what you want and don't be pushed into seeing ones which don't meet your criteria (some agents take people out to look at places to keep the owner happy).

Sorry, can't help you with specific contacts as these are not areas we would live in. Perhaps someone else here has a contact they can pass onto you.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 08-09-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    lilmo likes this.

If you could up your budget to $25k and drop your size to 600+ your options will open up alot more.
    Harbourview - very unlikely.
    Have a look at the agents in Soho and you might find something you like.

lilmo likes this.

Or if you are prepared to move further along the Island MTR line. Just as an example, I pay 22k for 4 bedrooms (well 3 and a half), balcony overlooking the harbour/sea, 950 sq ft. Couple of mins to the MTR and 15 mins to Central.

lilmo likes this.

thank you all for the helpful feedbacks!

we are aware its a tall order! but if the location is good, lower sq ft will do as well. Some of the other sites mentioned that the older buildings in HK offers better space efficiency and are usually cheaper, so perhaps we will be looking for one of those.

hullexile, can you share the location of your property? we don't mind moving furter along the MTR line as long as it takes us about 15-30mins to commute to Central.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmo:
    thank you all for the helpful feedbacks!

we are aware its a tall order! but if the location is good, lower sq ft will do as well. Some of the other sites mentioned that the older buildings in HK offers better space efficiency and are usually cheaper, so perhaps we will be looking for one of those.

hullexile, can you share the location of your property? we don't mind moving furter along the MTR line as long as it takes us about 15-30mins to commute to Central.
    Heng Fa Chuen, last but one stop before Chai Wan

And only 22 mins on the MTR to Central.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And only 22 mins on the MTR to Central.
    Is it? I was guessing, I've never timed it. I'm sure those extra 7 mins will make all the difference

It is according to the MTR Journey Planner.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast