Where to live in HK?

start you search on websites like gohome.com.hk and centanet.com ... they will give you an idea of what areas and buildings suit your budget.

>It really depends on what you like :

peace and quiet, a pool, a gym and a nice view : repulse bay, south bay, chung hom kok, stanley

close to town with sports facilities : mid-levels, happy valley

in town close to where the partying's at, noise and all : soho

I guess the closer you are to town, the more polluted it is, but also the less expansive...

RLM

Where to live in HK?

Dear Friends,

I'm a single lady,moving to HK to work in the Wanchai area.

I have been to HK only once, in business for a few days, and didn't have time enough to get to know the areas.
    Where would be the best place for me to live (plus rental ranges)?
    I don't want to have a car, so basically I am hoping to move around either by bus or taxi.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Many thanks!

I guess the closer you are to town, the more polluted it is, but also the less expansive...
    Actually I find the closer you live to town the more expensive, I think it is more expensive to live in Mid Levels than to live in Tai Po.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger
    Actually I find the closer you live to town the more expensive, I think it is more expensive to live in Mid Levels than to live in Tai Po.
    You're probably right about Tai Po, I was thinking Southside of HK island versus mid-levels...

RLM

Thanks Guys

Thanks guys!

I am looking for a relatively calm and safe place close to work (which will be in the Wanchai area), with gym facilities. I guess the best option would be the Mid-Levels then. Is that correct?

At this moment I am not concerned about rental prices, since I am just working on a budget proposal...

I thank you in anticipation, if you have further inputs.