Tsing Yi?

Tsing Yi?

Hi there,

We've just recently moved to HK and now that we've grown increasingly tired of our teeny service apartment and greasy take-out, we've decided to look into renting an apartment in Tsing Yi.

It may be a tad out, but given the MTR and seemingly quiet environment, we think it may be the place for us. Specifically, we are interested in finding an apartment at Grand Horizon - a not-so-old apartment complex(?) along the promenade. From our little bit of research, it seems that apartments here are fairly reasonable priced and still within walking distance of the MTR and shopping plaza.

Anyone in the know about Tsing Yi and the Grand Horizon apartments? Could anyone recommend a rental agent for this area/building? Even better, does anyone know of any Grand Horizon apartment owner looking for a reliable tenant?

ANY help is very, very much appreciated!

Cheers!

P.S. Is it true that the Tung Chung MTR line stops running at midnight?

Red face

You might want to look at Park Island. There're buses that runs from PI to Tsingyi and Kwai Fong. There's also ferry to Central. The services are 24 hrs

The MTR service throughout the territory runs the last train at around half-past midnight.

hi banarama,

i think i have heard of the grand horizon development. if it is the one i am thinking about, i have heard that some of them face a 24hr loading area. it would be a good idea to go out there and have a look at some flats.
    i know the tierra verde apartments in tsing yi. they are quite nice and right on top of the mtr station. plus there is an entrance that goes directly into the shopping centre. i would estimate a 2 bedroom flat in tierra verde would be approx. $8-9k inclusive.
    i believe the grand horizon complex is around $7k fully inclusive. that would be for approx. 600 square feet.
    if you take the mtr into tsing yi and then walk around you are guaranteed to find a property agent. agents in that area are well informed of that particular district. don't forget to bargain and also ask for at least a 20% reduction on the agents fee.
    good luck

forgot to mention the transport. yes, the mtr lines stop at around 12:30ish. it wouldn't be that expensive to take a taxi from tsim sha tsui to tsing yi. probably around $80. going by route 3 from central or tsim sha tsui to tsing yi would take less than 20 minutes during non-peak hours.
    i do believe that there are overnight buses as well from tst and central that go to tsuen wan. you could jump into a cab from tsuen wan and pay $20 to tsing yi.