Accommodation / Living query

Closed Thread

Accommodation / Living query

Hi,

Find out this week if I will be heading out to HK in January as 'a local'. Had a few queries I was hoping people could help me with:

1. I'll be working in Central - please can you suggest suitable areas to live (furnished - either to share or nice, clean 1 bed flat with mod cons)
    2. In terms of accomodation costs, what can I expect? My monthly gross will be approx HKD46500. Will I be able to find suitable accomodation with this and have a good standard of living (I'm currently in London and the GBP equivalent is more than enough)?
    3. Is it better to share to bring down costs (i.e. are 1 beds more expensive?)
    4. How easy is it to tranfer HKD money back to a UK bank account? I will be getting paid in HKD but may need to move some of this to my GBP account monthly - is this possible and if so what fees are involved?

Appreiciate any help/comments

Tks

depends on lifestyle.
    how much wld u spend in london for food, drinks, rental etc...
    that can be mirrored to hk and u can judge if u are ok.

Bank details

I have the same problem. I've got an off-shore Lloyds TSB account, and put money in by banker's draft, which cost 60 HKD (4GBP) admin fee. off shore A/c is good as you don't need to pay tax.