Tsing Yi

Question Tsing Yi

This is probably not the most popular choice for accomodations for expats in Hong Kong. But is there anyone with experience on Tsing Yi?

I am thinking about seriously about locating to Hong Kong with my boyfriend, and we are kind of shocked by the real estate prices (or just rent) in Hong Kong. Given the need to work near Central and the frequent travel needed, Tsing Yi seems like a "strategic location" given the airport express.

Another choice is Tseung Kwan O. But then going to and from the airport seems like a real chore...

Any experience to share?
    Thanks!

A late reply on this thread but I know it will help others when they use the "search" function on the forum for Tsing Yi.

I have been staying in Tsing Yi for more than 2 years now and I must say that it is a very nice place. We chose this over Olympic (closer to central but rent is higher and is also more crowded) and Tung Chung ( nice but travel time is ~28mins to Central).

There is a shopping mall in the area ( Maritime Square ) and also 2 wet markets close to MTR station. There is a nice promenade where we go for evening walks.Also, Tsing Yi has a sports ground and a public swimming pool, both of which a very well maintained.

if you consider tsing yi, you should seriously look at Park Island

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09
    if you consider tsing yi, you should seriously look at Park Island
    yes but far less convenient than Tsing Yi in terms of transportation to be honest. (and yes I know you can take mininbus that connect ...) bit still less convenient.

If you don't mind about taking a 5-6 minutes shuttle to Tsing Yi Station, IMHO Mount Haven is the best private estate in the Tsing Yi area.

I'm in Tierra Verde above the MTR/Mall and it's very convenient for travel and local amenities.
    We were also looking around Olympic and found the price/size ratio much better out here.
    Great open view towards Hong Kong from our block too. (When it's not smoggy...)
    Park Island does have a ferry service to Central and Tsuen Wan which is pretty good. No Ferries in Tsing Yi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    yes but far less convenient than Tsing Yi in terms of transportation to be honest. (and yes I know you can take mininbus that connect ...) bit still less convenient.
    correct, except if you work in a bank in central in which case the direct 25 mins ferry is pretty good

You can also consider village houses in Tsing Yi, if that's your thing.

Hi. An you please tell me the location of the two wet markets near tsing yi mtr