Like Tree3Likes

Caine Road or Hollywood Road or Star Street?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

wow thanks for all the info guys! yea, it is a tough choice! Initially I really liked Caine Rd, it does have everything I need on Caine Rd itself. But now I'm kinda concerned about the transportation/congestion. I would probably end up taking a bus/mini-bus/taxi to work at CKC most days, (rather than walking). So how difficult is it to be able to get a spot in one of the buses/minibuses that go down to CKC and how difficult is it to get a taxi after 8:30am? Also since it sounds like there's much traffic, how long does it take to get down there?

As for Star Street, the walk to CKC seems shorter and can walk underground. There are #6 buses to CKC...do they get packed easily like on Caine? Or any empty taxi's to go from Star St. to CKC on "running late" days? I guess the nearest Wellcome is the one by the church then? Same as the Mannings/Watsons next door?

yea, it is a tough choice! Initially I really liked Caine Rd, it does have everything I need on Caine Rd itself.
    It certainly has a lot in the immediate area, including the Soho bar and restaurant area

But now I'm kinda concerned about the transportation/congestion. I would probably end up taking a bus/mini-bus/taxi to work at CKC most days, (rather than walking). So how difficult is it to be able to get a spot in one of the buses/minibuses that go down to CKC and how difficult is it to get a taxi after 8:30am?
    Compared to the end of Robinson Rd I find Caine Road and Hollywood road easier to grab a cab and sometimes sneak down there to get one. Generally speaking 8:30-9:05 is difficult to get on board buses and cabs as it the peak of rush hour, but possible with some patience. Going in a bit earlier or later is one solution, and when the weather is cooler the walk is not too bad.

Star Street!!!

I just accepted a lease to stay at Star Crest....I think the area is very convenient to restaurants, taxis, shopping, and MTR. I was debating between Mid Levels too!

What's star street like in terms of pricing and atmosphere?