child at renaissance college, husband working at Taikoo, where to live?

Closed Thread

child at renaissance college, husband working at Taikoo, where to live?

Predicament!
    Considering Renaissance College (Ma On Shan) for our child, my husband works at Taikoo, which is the most suitable location to live? My child is just 5 years old and trying to avoid too much travel time for my husband too. Any suggestions please?

sai kung would make the most sense, i would think. hubby could buy a cheap car, drive to Hang Hau MTR and park'n'ride to work, only a few mtr stations away. son could get the school bus to school.

Have you considered ESF at Quarry Bay by Braemar Hill? It is close to TaiKoo, you can live in Taikoo, Kornhill.. or somewhere in between. It will be a close for both parties.

if only it was so easy... ESF places for a child 5 years old are EXTREMELY hard to come by. not so much, 'have you considered' but rather, can you get a place?

Sai Kung I would recommend.

Thanks for your responses!
    Like Carang mentioned, "only it was so easy!"
    We live in Taikoo, and my child goes to the ESF Kindergarten currently. We have applied in the QuarryBay for the year 1, but you know how it is in HK. There is no guarantee that kids might secure a seat...or so we parents have been told! So we have to apply in more than 3 schools at least....and so have to make these choices. We've decided we'll move to any place closer to her school (any one she might get in) in case she doesnt get in QB. My poor husband has to compromise on the travelling time...but we're okay with that to spare the little child a harrowing 1 hour plus ride on the school bus. We're quite new to HK and don't know much about different localities. I'm trying to apply in CDNIS too.
    I'll definitely take a look at Sai Kung. How're are the rentals there? And convenience like MTR etc?

no there is no mtr station (thank god!). the nearest station is hang hau. from SK town to hang hau is about 15 minutes by minibus. they run every couple of minutes.

there is another minibus to choi hung mtr station, also takes about 15-20 minutes.

in addition, there are minibuses to:mongkok, kwun tong, telford plaza (kowloon bay mtr) and one that runs in the evening from(?) causeway bay(i've never taken this one, so i'm not too certain of hte details).

rentals are virtually all "village houses". depending on your budget, you will definitely get more space for your $ than in tai koo.