Elevator wait times in HK buildings

Closed Thread

Elevator wait times in HK buildings

My wife and I have the option of moving into a 23rd floor apartment in Repulse Bay. It looks from the floorplan that there are two elevator banks on each floor and two apartments on each floor. I've never lived on a high floor, but worked on high floors where there are usually spacious and numerous elevator banks, so very little wait time. Can anyone give me a sense for how long wait times can be during rush hour in these kind of buildings?

Ah queuing theory! Too many variables to give a scientific response. Speed of lift is the crucial one. Number of households who are likely to use the lifts during peak times is another. Capacity of each lift blah blah blah.
    For comparison my tower has 52 floors with 8 flats per served by 4 lifts. Most of the time my wait time is acceptable but on occassions I have left home late and had to wait over 5 minutes during which time one or two lifts have gone past full.

Quote Originally Posted by stamfordct:
    My wife and I have the option of moving into a 23rd floor apartment in Repulse Bay. It looks from the floorplan that there are two elevator banks on each floor and two apartments on each floor. I've never lived on a high floor, but worked on high floors where there are usually spacious and numerous elevator banks, so very little wait time. Can anyone give me a sense for how long wait times can be during rush hour in these kind of buildings?
    My apartment has 32 floors with two flats each and served by two lifts. We have absolutely no problem on the waiting time except on the helloween evening that the chirdren are manipulating the lift. Average waiting time will be less than one minute for your situation.

Best is to go and try it out yourself to see if you can accommodate the time required.

I know someone lives at 80/F floor. But there are 6 elevators share by 6 units per floor. And one elevator "parks" at 79th floor by default. So I never hear them complaint much about it.