Work in Harbour City - where to live?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bdw

I work in Harbour City, TST. I live in Olympic. I take the number 3 green minibus to/from work every day. There is one every 3 minutes during peak times, 5-10 minutes off peak. Only a 15 nminute ride. Super convenient and much more relaxing than the MTR (No standing).

Also Olympic MTR is 2 stops (5 minutes) from Central and LKF.

My reco is to stay at Kowloon West, next to Elements/ ICC. Lots of nice foods around, cinema and shopping at walking distance. If you're alone and bored.. walk down. Also, you can make friends and invite friends over to Elements for shopping and dining.
    Harbour City.. is 'almost' walking distance even.

Harbour City is definitely walking distance now (15-20 mins), though it is a bit too far during the summer heat and humidity. Only an $18 taxi ride though.

Horizon Hotels and Suites

harbourview service apartments is very popular among locals and quite popular with expats, located in hung hom, 2 stops from hung hom station to tsim sha tsui station, i know people living there and they say it's relatively affordable (from HK$9,800/GBP900 for 600sih sq ft), its only 5 mins walk from the hung hom station.

also it's more than likely twice or three times as cheaper than elements/kowloon stationa apartments, and significantly cheaper than living in olympic, alternatively, there are smaller places in jordan.

what are your prorities? clubbing/night life (hk island is at premium) convenience/more space/value for money in kowloon

it's also

Thanks everyone so very much for all your advice!!!! So its been agreed that my budget is around 18k max a mth - and Im coming in Feb 2011. The relocation agent suggested I stay in somewhere like Pinnacle or Shama for a mth and then decide - which suits me. She thinks Hung Hom or Olympic will be good...although is still keen to move me over to Admiralty or Wan Chai. Im now exhausted as heard so many stories! But am v excited about the move!!

Well your relocation agent must be a fool (or probably gets a higher fee) if she moves you to Admiralty?! Wan Chai I wouldn't want to live there either. Did she even pay attention to your demands?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2