Like Tree1Likes

Serviced Apartments Under 15K, urgent advice needed!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    HUNGHOM: HarbourFront Horizon

for 13K or aorund you can get up to 650/700sqf and it's only 15mn Star Ferry ride from Central....much better than a shoe box on HK island imho...
    If you can get a place for 13k there then good luck. Across the road at HarbourView will be 20% cheaper or there abouts and you should be able to get something for 13k. The size is probably the best vs price in HK (unless you go into the suburbs further).

Also the Star Ferry is about to be cancelled from HH and it's sloooow. Not sure about 15mins but better than getting on the MTR or catching their shuttle bus which is always full in the peak times.

Hi,

Thanks for all of these replies, I really apppreciate it!

I have already checked some of the places suggested, some were sold out, some I considered too small, some too expensive.

I have had a look at your suggestions again, and have contacted De Fenwick, 218, and Excellent Court. I had already looked at De Fenwick and 218, and had ruled them out for various reasons, but I can't be too fussy at this stage, so will try and view them tomorrow.

The Harbourview Horizon place was originally my first choice actually, but the prices advertised weren't available when I enquired, also they said it was a minimum 6 month stay, so that place was ruled out..

I originally thought I could maybe get somewhere quite spacious, around 500 sq ft, for HKD 15,000, but I know now that it is difficult if not impossible to find this!

I will let you know my choice tomorrow anyway..

Thanks again, you have all been great.

Regards,

Chris.

You won't get too many serviced apartments offering contracts under 6 months.

The only options for a spacious serviced apartment with 500ft under $15k is HarbourView Horizon in my opinion. You will never get that $9,999 price as it's false advertising but you should be able to get something for under $15k.

I recently stayed at the Lodge and for $14800 for their top floor unit (it has seaview!) with ALL inclusive, it is value for money. Electricity and broadband is all included. Their lower floor units start at $13800 and it is also all inclusive. You can't expect a big unit for this price and within 5 mins MTR walking distance.

i am staying at the lodge and it's clean, and good, staff also helpful.

De Fenwick is horrible for sleeping. If you can deal with thumping while you're trying to sleep (even with ear plugs), then I suppose it's fine.

I am at the lodge right now, it's been a week
    Very clean
    helpful staff
    self service laundry at 2nd floor (20 hkd/token) with washing machine and driers + iron
    small room, but big clothes hanger.
    kitchenette with gas stove and fridge.
    no desk table... not convenient to write emails on my computer.

oh yeah, and 5min walk from Jordan station.
    can take pictures if you want

cheers

cedric

Quote Originally Posted by AmyHubb:
    When we first came to Hk we stayed in Harbourview horizon in hung hom. We paid $14,500 for a two bedroom apartment. They have shuttle buses every 15 minutes to tst and it is a 5 minute walk to the star ferry terminal as another option for travelling to work.
    Harbourview horizon is around 650 sq ft, from HK$12,500, reasonable size, quietest area, only 5 mins from hung hom station

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Harbourview horizon is around 650 sq ft, from HK$12,500, reasonable size, quietest area, only 5 mins from hung hom station
    They say it's 650 sq ft, but in reality it's about 400 sq ft. Of course communal areas are included in the squre footage they advertise. People not used to sleazy HK property advertising may not realize this.

Hi,

I thought I had replied saying where I had confirmed I would stay last week, but I can't see my reply anywhere!

I eventually found a serviced apt on Hollywood Road at the Central Park hotel in Central, 15 mins walk from the office, for HKD 16,000. It is quite small, with no windows, but daily maid service, and it is very nice, so I am very happy, as it is so convenient for work.

Thanks for all of your advice.

Kind regards,

Chris.