Serviced accomodation

Closed Thread

Serviced accomodation

Hi. We're coming to HK in Jan for 6 months and looking for serviced accomodation. Working near Admiralty, our 5 year old will be going to school in Tai Tam. Our budget is around $30k per month and need two bedrooms. We'd prefer a larger apartment, rather than a chic city place. Near to the MTR for work and a reasonable journey to Tai Tam.

We've looked at Happy Valley, but the apartments were small 500 sq ft and not keen on the area. We've been offered Kornhill for $38k for 800 sq ft, but not been able to view. Any opinions on Kornhill? The location is good for work and ok for school. Anyone recommend an alternative? My wife is in HK until Saturday, i'm at home in London (cold and wet!)

thanks for any help.

Steve

Edit - misread originally - the serviced bit is what's pushing the price up a lot.

You could rent an 800 sq.ft apartment in most areas for less than $30K, but 6 month leases are harder to find, and fully-furnished doubly so.

Last edited by PDLM; 11-11-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Kornhill is very closed to City Plaza in Taikoo which you can find pretty much anything there. Depending which building you live in Kornhill, it would be quite a walk to MTR so double check first. You can go online to the major realty websites and see if they have pictures of Kornhill rental properties and see their layout. I considered at Kornhill at some point, that was how I was able to see they have diamond shape living room. I heard that Kornill is very popular for Japanese, Korean.. it is not as congested as Taikoo and it has full clubhouse facilities, room for kids to ride their bikes and etc.

Hello, I have no advice but thought I would say hello as I am applying for a job for next year, but currently living in Loughton. Good luck with the search.