Palatial Crest vs Vantage Park

Closed Thread

Palatial Crest vs Vantage Park

Hi All, I am an newbie to Geoexpat and would be very grateful for some accom advice.

We recently moved to HK and have been looking at apartments in Mid-Levels West (around Robinson Rd and the escalator).

So far, I like Palatial Crest and also Vantage Park (VP being a bit old though). I was wondering if anyone knows these blocks and can help with:

Construction Noise - I noticed there is a development next to Palatial Crest. Agent says it isn't that noisy but I am not sure... Also, there are flats on upper floors like 28 and 29 that have a harbour view (between some buildings). Does anyone know if the building next door is going to block this eventually?

Vantage Park - I note this building is a bit older and the communal areas are a bit dated etc. I have seen some nicely renovated flats here though. Does anyone have views on VP as a block?

Others - Any other tips of nice blocks to try in the same area as Vantage Park and Palatial Crest?

Thanks!

Palatial Crest is on Robinson Road, which like you said has the construction noise.

Vantage Park has two blocks I believe the A unit and the F unit have views of the harbour, C and D face Conduit Road.

Vantage Park has a higher view since it is further up the hill and less blocking your way.

Also living area is alot different where Vantage Park is usually 2 bedrooms and Palatial Crest is 3 bedrooms, but 3 smaller bedrooms all stuck together.

Is it important to be close to the escalator? Some people who live in both those places do not even take the escalators and rather a minibus to get to central, for the convenience, speed and being lazy to shave off 20 mins.

The major noise from The Seymour (i.e. the piling) is long over but there's still a bit, probably for the next few months. Also the next but one building (Fortune Gardens) is having its 20 year facelift at the moment which entails hacking off the external tiles for the next few months.

I haven't seen inside ether building, but obviously Palatial Crest has immediately adjacent Wellcome, ParknShop, 7-11, Mannings, and so on. On Conduit there's nothing, so you'll always be coming down to Robinson for basic shopping, which could become a pain. There is also much better bus transport on Robinson & Seymour just outside Palatial Crest - 23 to North Point, 40 to Wanchai, 12&3B to Central, 12M to Admiralty, 56 & 56A GMB to North Point via Queen's Road East / Happy Valley.

On Conduit you have just a couple of minibuses. Note though that no big buses go the other way on Robinson, so for that you need the #12 coming up Seymour, or 56/56A GMBs, or the escalator up from Caine.

If you're working in IFC then taking the escalator down is always quicker than a bus.

Personally, all other things being equal, Palatial Crest seems like the much better choice.

Last edited by PDLM; 23-11-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The major noise from The Seymour (i.e. the piling) is long over but there's still a bit, probably for the next few months. Also the next but one building (Fortune Gardens) is having its 20 year facelift at the moment which entails hacking off the external tiles for the next few months.

I haven't seen inside ether building, but obviously Palatial Crest has immediately adjacent Wellcome, ParknShop, 7-11, Mannings, and so on. On Conduit there's nothing, so you'll always be coming down to Robinson for basic shopping, which could become a pain. There is also much better bus transport on Robinson & Seymour just outside Palatial Crest - 23 to North Point, 40 to Wanchai, 12&3B to Central, 12M to Admiralty, 56 & 56A GMB to North Point via Queen's Road East / Happy Valley.

On Conduit you have just a couple of minibuses. Note though that no big buses go the other way on Robinson, so for that you need the #12 coming up Seymour, or 56/56A GMBs, or the escalator up from Caine.

If you're working in IFC then taking the escalator down is always quicker than a bus.

Personally, all other things being equal, Palatial Crest seems like the much better choice.
    Vantage Park's address may be on Conduit but most of the people use the exit on Robinson and you are virtually in the Park n Shop and a stone's throw from the Welcome and bus stop. No significant difference between the VP and PC in that regard. I lived in VP for a little while, it's OK, had no complaints about anything and it's very convenient. I just didn't like living in Mid Level...

PC is extremly noisy due to the construction work 6 day/week. and the app are tiny. the other building I don´t know. but what about robinson 80? it´s really nice and they have great management and good facilities!

Thanks for all the tips! It sounds like there are differing opinions re the noise for PC. It is a concern and I think we may have to look elsewhere as a result. PC is a good building with nice decor, good location and facilities. Just a shame about the construction site next door!

VP is ok and the location is good. If we can find a high spec apartment in this block then we will consider. I guess the same goes for a lot of the blocks in that area. You get different standards of apartments in each block.

80 Robinson Rd seemed a bit secluded for my liking. It is a nice enough block but just too reliant on buses and taxis to get anywhere.